Author Topic: cant get thar aroma smell  (Read 15376 times)

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: cant get thar aroma smell
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 08:01 PM »
I'd agree somewhat Haldi, the scaling of a gravy up & down and its changing flavour is near impossible to measure. Some ingredients may hardly register in a scaled down, or some like coconut as i found doing a 1/3 Ashoka base can become overpowering. Tasting a base on its own doesn't tell us much either. JB seems to have cracked it at home, judging by his posts on gravy/main dish cooking/ tandoor. His side by side with his takeaway base recently would suggest so. I've cooked some amazing curries using various bases & the Banjara onion paste, then produced some that went straight in the bin, all in the same session with the same base etc. . It's this bit that still has me baffled.  Real shame nobody got to test Julian's food against his vids & book

Regards
ELW

Offline ligs

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: cant get thar aroma smell
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 09:11 PM »
I have tasted julians food only once, i went to visit him with a friend at c2go .I hear all is not well with him at the moment  he is a realy nice guy and we spoke for ages ,hope everythihg gets sorted with him.Ive just posted on the aroma thing on (why cant i get that bir taste and aroma by ca) could it be maturity .Its driving us all mad.

©2024 Curry Recipes