Author Topic: Tonight's Dinner: South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken  (Read 9188 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tonight's Dinner: South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Absolutely delicious! :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Dinner: South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:25 PM »
Absolutely delicious! :)
I could not agree more :P :P  This reminds me i'm a week late posting my feedback on this  ??? Best do it while i remember :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Aye, it was brilliant - really garlicky, and nice and hot without burning my mouth off. Loads of flavours. I made it to a recipe from another web site, so not strictly BIR (I think!), but worth doing nevertheless. The photo doesn't do it justice - I must get my camera out just for once, instead of using the moby.

And the best of all? Part 2 is in the fridge, maturing for tomorrow's dinner! :)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 11:04 PM »
I made it to a recipe from another web site, so not strictly BIR (I think!), but worth doing nevertheless.

What was the recipe that you used any link to it

best, Rich

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:30 AM »
I found the recipe here. Probably better not to publish the full URL, given recent events...

For the sauce, I replaced the peeled garlic with Indus minced garlic and the peeled ginger with Nishaan minced ginger. The recipe amounts were good for 4 tbsp, so I used one quantity and froze the rest for later use.

In the main dish, I used plain, pan-fried chicken breast for the pre-cooked chicken and I replaced the 5 finger chillies with 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of my chilli jam. The spice mix was Abdul Mohed's 8-Spice and the base gravy was the liquid left over from pre-cooking some Kushi chicken.

The result was a really nice and hot lip-smacking, garlicky curry with a complex range of deep flavours. I cooked up some plain boiled rice to provide a bland accompaniment and mopped up the sauce with a couple of home-cooked chapattis.

I think the base gravy I used gave the dish a real boost, so it'll be interesting to see how it fares with just a plain base the next time.

©2024 Curry Recipes