Author Topic: British Indian 2go UK Style Indian Cuisine  (Read 9170 times)

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
British Indian 2go UK Style Indian Cuisine
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:21 AM »
Just found this Indian restaurants menu via facebook. A few familiar terms used, for one "BIR" is used on their facebook page  ;), check out the the name of the dipping sauce for the chicken pakora in the starters menu  ;), even the name of the restaurant sounds familiar, for the life of me though, I can't figure out why?

Cory Ander, am I right in thinking that you live in WA? I can't remember...if you do, have you heard of this restaurant? have you tried it if it's near to where you live?

Unfortunately it's on the other side of Oz from where I live or I would have tried it, maybe one day if I ever get over on holiday.

Oops forgot the link: http://www.britishindian.com.au/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:36 AM by rallim »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: British Indian 2go UK Style Indian Cuisine
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Hi Rallim,

Yes, I do believe this is the one recently opened and owned by one of our very own members - "Aussie Mick" (a British expat).

Haven't tried it, yet, but will hopefully be paying a visit very soon!   8)

Nice looking menu Mick!  :)

"Chicken Tikka Masala Phal"...hmmmm, now that DOES sound very familiar!  :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:36 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Good luck to him and I will need to get over to try it...Let me know how you get on when you try it CA. There is a so called British balti house over this side but wasn't impressed by it, the dishes were bland and tasteless but there is an Irish pub next door so that made up for it  :D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Good luck to him

Indeed.  Not least of all for having the balls to do it.  8)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:23 AM »
 Well done Mick and I wish you every success mate.

I wonder how many recipes he has used or at least been inspired by from off here.  I would love it if I thought one of my recipes was actually selling across a counter, not for any acknowledgment, but just for satisfaction really.

Ray :)

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44 AM »

Indeed.  Not least of all for having the balls to do it.  8)

My sentiments exactly  :D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:07 AM »
Review of "Aussie Mick's" British Indian 2 Go Restaurant - Kingsley, Perth:

So, "Willyekerslike" (who has just emigrated to Perth  8)) and I finanally travelled to "Norf of the River" to try out Aussie Mick's recently opened British Indian restaurant and to hopefully meet the man himself.

We had poppadoms (with various dips) for starters, followed by Chicken Tikka Vindaloo, Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau rice, Keema Naan and Peshwari Naan. 

Here are some photos (sorry about the quality, they don't really do the meal justice...and we were far too busy scoffing the curries, to worry too much about taking photos!):

The "Meal for Two" (minus one of the Pilau Rices...and a few other items that we'd already eaten!):

Chicken Jalfrezi:

Chicken Tikka Vindaloo:

Pilau Rice:

Everything was very enjoyable indeed!   8)

The Naans were great, with a good amount of tasty filling.  The Pilau Rice was nice, fluffy and delicately flavoured (with very generous helpings, too boot!).  The Chicken Tikka Vindaloo was nice and tasty with a good (I would say "right") amount of "bite" for a Vindaloo.  The Chicken Tikka was nice and succulent and delicately flavoured.  The sauce was a great texture and flavour.  The same was true of the Chicken Jalfrezi.

I (we) thouroughly enjoyed all of the dishes and certainly would be more than happy to be served them in any British Indian Restaurant.  We will certainly be paying more visits to sample Mick's other curries.

We didn't divulge our identities until after the meal.  Of course, Mick was nowhere to be seen, because he was busy churning out dishes in the kitchen.

Wendy (Mick's wife) and her restaurant staff were delightful, happy, smiley, polite and attentive.  But Wendy did seem to panic a little when we finally asked "where's Mick?" and revealed to her how we knew of him!  :P

We did get to meet Mick, Raj and others of Mick's team (in his kitchen) and quickly exchanged pleasantries.  I hope we didn't embarrass him too much!  Hopefully we will find more time, for a more detailed chat, on a future visit.

Needless to say, Mick and his team are doing themselves (and himself) proud!   8)

Well done Mick (and all of your team)!  Thanks for the great meal...and keep up the great work!  8)

If you are ever in the area, give it a go, I doubt you'll be disappointed!  :)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Hi,

We certainly did have a great meal which was as good as, and better than many BIR's in my hometown Doncaster back in the UK.  Service was great and Wendys face was a picture when we told her we were from "the curry website" ;D. She could't get to the kitchen quick enough :)

It was nice to meet Mick and his team who invited us into his kitchen to say hello on a very busy Saturday night.

Well done Mick, keep up the good work!

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Great endorsement, lads! The food looks excellent and Mick should be very happy that his food gets the seal of approval from a couple of guys who actually cook the stuff themselves.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Fantastic you two sneaking in there and well done t Mick and the crew for serving up a good meal

keep up the good work mate

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes