Author Topic: unlocking the taste to indian takeaway- from h4ppyleader  (Read 30474 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: unlocking the taste to indian takeaway- from h4ppyleader
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:47 PM »
I am curious, how do these chefs manage to get their frying pans in flames?

the video looks good, but obviously, we have to understand that chefs woudn't take their time to share content if there wasn't any potential benefit for them. So obviously they are doing it to draw sales to his book or restaurant or whatever.

Like curryhell, I like it when I learn something new. I like also the look of this kitchen and how organized it seems. It does give the feeling of an actual kitchen from a restaurant rather than TA.

thanks for sharing

"I am curious, how do these chefs manage to get their frying pans in flames? "
Its all about speed.

"the video looks good, but obviously, we have to understand that chefs woudn't take their time to share content if there wasn't any potential benefit for them. So obviously they are doing it to draw sales to his book or restaurant or whatever."

Sam (the chef) It never Evan ented his head to do a book. That was down to me.
I was in the same boat as you guys, C2go, CBM and the like. This book as to get me there?
You bought there books ask them how to make that (red oil) with out taking it off the top of a base gravy?

"Like curryhell, I like it when I learn something new. I like also the look of this kitchen and how organized it seems. It does give the feeling of an actual kitchen from a restaurant rather than TA.

It's a TA. DO KNOT BUY THIS BOOK IF YOU KNOW BIR.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Great video Chris.
I like this guy. Confident and right on it with commentary and answers too. One of the best vids i've seen so far.  8)

Cheers, Frank.  :)

p.s. I also believe you do need to cook spices first and not in a sauce.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:07 AM by DalPuri »

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Water content from the garlic & ginger paste etc. mixes with the oil in the pan and spits out over the pan where the gas flame then ignites the oil to give the flambe.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31 AM »
Now i can watch videos like this for hours on end ::)  Each time I watch it, i spot something new.  I wish i could make it look so easy as that guy.  Thanks for sharing.  Any more in the pipeline?  ;)

Yes CH, it will be all in the book.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45 AM »

Water content from the garlic & ginger paste etc. mixes with the oil in the pan and spits out over the pan where the gas flame then ignites the oil to give the flambe.

The only thing you see flames from is the oil, water does not burn. vaporized oil & water will.

Offline chilli chopper

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 02:18 PM »

It helps to have a jumbo jet flame beneath the pan!

I was frying some mushrooms last night in a low sided griddle pan.
Had the burner on full heat (still not a very big burner) and I was moving the pan back and forth, as the chef does in this video, whilst throwing the mushrooms around with a spatula. I got the odd flare-up, but nothing like this.

When the oil spits, if it comes into contact with the flame from the burner, it will ignite.

It's hard to get this to happen at home simply due to the smaller domestic burner size.

h4ppy-chris >> Just wondering what your ebook will teach people that is not already covered on this forum?

Cheers

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36 PM »

It helps to have a jumbo jet flame beneath the pan!

I was frying some mushrooms last night in a low sided griddle pan.
Had the burner on full heat (still not a very big burner) and I was moving the pan back and forth, as the chef does in this video, whilst throwing the mushrooms around with a spatula. I got the odd flare-up, but nothing like this.

When the oil spits, if it comes into contact with the flame from the burner, it will ignite.

It's hard to get this to happen at home simply due to the smaller domestic burner size.

This makes sense. Thanks for adding clarity! :)

Seeing as I have a normal (albeit with a decent sized flame) cooker I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get a more intense flame out of it or do I need to buy a "specialty" stove?

h4ppy-chris >> Just wondering what your ebook will teach people that is not already covered on this forum?

Excellent question!

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Seeing as I have a normal (albeit with a decent sized flame) cooker I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get a more intense flame out of it or do I need to buy a "specialty" stove?

Excellent question!

It was either JerryM or Haldi  who tinkered with their gas jets to get a bigger flame.  I always get these two guys mixed up. I've always pictured them to look like Monty Don.  ;D
Couldn't tell you which thread though sorry.

Frank.  :)

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 11:53 PM »
@gagomes, I can get huge flames on a really bog standard domestic gas cooker at home. Using a smaller pan (24cm), I don't use water in the GG now  although that can start it. Tomato paste/diluted normally starts the flambe, complete with the Homer Simpson shriek. "Smoky" flavour coming from melted coving & downlighter  :)

ELW

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 11:55 PM »

Excellent question!

It was either JerryM or Haldi  who tinkered with their gas jets to get a bigger flame.  I always get these two guys mixed up. I've always pictured them to look like Monty Don.  ;D
Couldn't tell you which thread though sorry.

Frank.  :)

Thanks Frank! Hopefully they will read this and jump out of their bunkers for aid :-)

©2024 Curry Recipes