Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style  (Read 29954 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Antone who can call Bernard Manning a racist doesn't know what they are talking about. I went to school with Bernards nephew and went to Bernards house many times as a kid. I went to his club in Harpurhey regularly as an adult. He was a great man, did much charity work (which he didn't like to publicise). His neighbour was Indian, and they got on really well, as the neighbour also had a sense of humour.

Bernad was a COMEDIAN. He was NOT racist.

Can't comment on jim davidson. Never met the man.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 06:21 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujw82lBg3Cg&list=UUXM2ne7ePM767NFKdizAHMg

Rob  :)

I really don't think you should have posted this video here, it won't be appreciated. This forum has already lost C2GO, CBM, and h4ppy-chris is getting unnecessary grief.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 06:29 PM »
I really don't think you should have posted this video here, it won't be appreciated. This forum has already lost C2GO, CBM, and h4ppy-chris is getting unnecessary grief.

You're wrong. It's clearly appreciated by many on this forum, as you'll see if you read back through the comments. It's just that I'm not one of them because I've seen it all before.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 06:48 PM »

You're wrong. It's clearly appreciated by many on this forum, as you'll see if you read back through the comments. It's just that I'm not one of them because I've seen it all before.

I rest my case  ::)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 06:56 PM »
I wish Adey all the best for his business.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:09 PM by Aussie Mick »

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Pointless seems a bit harsh
For me it was his version on the Pathia
cant remember the name of the sugar that was new to me and not so new butter ghee at the end
In my eyes a different version  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:26 PM by michael.t »

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19 PM »
the sugar is jaggery goor, its available in different forms, like the sukkar or in moulded blocks

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Pointless seems a bit harsh
For me it was his version on the Pathia

Which, unless you're completely new to this forum and BIR cooking in general, is just a regurgitation of recipes and methods you'll find on this forum (and others). I suppose I just don't get why people who know all this stuff seem to go into raptures when the same old stuff (for George's benefit!) is shown over and over again.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26 PM »
My guess is that, even if the Pathia video is similar to other videos, it's very clear and well produced; one of the best videos of that kind. Moreover, if nearly all chefs are using a similar approach then, as long as it tastes good, that probably tells us something. The only trouble is, we don't know if that Pathia or any of the dishes which CBM films, for example, taste anything special at all. I hear people tasting recipes on the radio, you see them on the TV and elsewhere. It's 99% gushing praise. I somehow doubt it's honest but it wouldn't make a good video and would be embarrassing for the taster to say a dish was a bit bland or suchlike.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 08:36 PM »
On top of that, the people that are pronouncing it in the videos are changing how they say it because its unnatural and odd for them to say "grey-bee", which is how an Indian would pronounce Gravy.

Which is exactly how this ridiculous term came about, i.e. the bastardisation of the word gravy.

Apart from anything else, it isn't a gravy at all as it contains no meat juices. It's a base sauce or just a sauce and I wish people would stop using the garabi term.

And what's this about racism - do explain because I can't fathom where you're coming from (actually, as I typed that I think I realised what you mean. Are you implying that by using the word garabi it's as if we're mimicking a first generation Pakistani's mangling of the English language in a derogatory way? If so even more reason to stop using the laughably, ridiculous term).

©2024 Curry Recipes