Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style  (Read 29959 times)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30 AM »
  Good honest stuff
Looks like a few Ebooks coming out soon
Could be a Golden curry year  :)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Hi

Great video, many thanks to all involved in producing it 8)

They all seem like such nice genuine people and giving away all these recipes, techniques and secrets essentially for free.

All it takes is a little appreciation for the people who take time to make the effort. That way perhaps there will be more content to appreciate in the future.

Regards
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:49 PM by solarsplace »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Great video, many thanks to all involved in producing it 8)
They all seem like such nice genuine people and giving away all these recipes, techniques and secrets essentially for free.

I agree. How many BIR chefs, originating from anywhere near India would be as generous as they are, (based only on experience so far)? It's so good of them. I hope Adey's business really takes off, and that a c2go replacement is established soon, if that's what he wants to do.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:38 PM by George »

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 01:37 PM »
It's nice to see a Pathia made without the use of this red sauce nonsense.  ;)
But i'm getting sick and tired and pissed off with the continual use of this Racist (moderated) word!!  >:(
Its about as funny as bernard manning and jim davidson.
I'll tell you how ridiculous it is. There are about a dozen different spellings because THERE IS NO SUCH WORD!
On top of that, the people that are pronouncing it in the videos are changing how they say it because its unnatural and odd for them to say "grey-bee", which is how an Indian would pronounce Gravy.
I had to put up with all that (moderated, read 'racist abuse') all through my school days, being bullied and constantly taunted because of the colour of my skin.
I dont expect to see it from grown men. This aint the 70's anymore.
I dont believe for one minute that anyone cooking curries on these forums are racist, but this word IS!

Sort it out people.

p.s. and please dont try to quote Ali from the Viceroy. He is just a Yes man and will change his opinion in the same sentence to keep the peace.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:22 PM by George »

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 01:47 PM »
It's nice to see a Pathia made without the use of this red sauce nonsense.  ;)

Excuse my ignorance!!! but what are you on about??? Is that like calling me a fat baldy Scots (moderated)? Which I don't care about because my skin is thick and I can give as good as I take. Some people need to toughen up and stop using political correctness as a security blanket!!! By the way Bernard manning was funny along with Jim Davidson and I have Asian friends who will concur with me and also I have spent time in the Punjab with my Indian brother who crack racist jokes about whites and take the so called racist remarks with a pinch of salt and give it back and you know why? HUMOUR!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:24 PM by George »

Offline rallim

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 02:06 PM »
Oh and the red sauce nonsense, It's a fact, and used in a lot of Indian restaurants, 1 recipe I have: tomato sauce, lemon juice, sugar, tinned fruit, mango chutney and a couple of other ingredients this restaurant used..best patia ever.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 02:40 PM »
that Adey has shot up in my estimations - real star man.

the pathia although i can see will be very good is not going to do it for me. i have seen the idea of adding say a quarter lime (or lemon) and leaving it in during the cooking and certainly need to try the idea.

the best i've got to (c/w with my recollection of a pathia made in TA in warrington that unfortunately now closed which was the best i'd come across) is the ashoka but adding in Julian's idea of pineapple. i've tried both the juice and blended from a tin but can't decide which is best. i also add a dip of mint sauce.

Adey's idea of the butter ghee is for sure a bit i'm missing and sure the TA used it for this particular dish.

There was a herb in the TA version that i think was chives - i really must try them when they come into season.

http://cr0.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3189.msg34558#msg34558

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23 PM »

What, you mean the recipes, techniques and secrets that have been available on this forum (and others) for years?

There's only so many times you can watch the same old repetitive (moderated).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:34 PM by George »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:41 PM »
There's only so many times you can watch the same old repetitive (moderated).

Two points here:

1. On the substance of your message, I agree there's a fair chance that he 'learned' that recipe from here and is now playing it back to us. I don't mind, if it produces tasty results. I should think hours and hours of R&D and testing would have gone into starting a business like that, so he must be worth listening to. Why do you consider it all to be rubbish? What better suggestions have you got on how to make a really good Pathia?

2. On the increased frequency with which I find myself needing to edit out bad language, banned on this forum. Everyone, please leave it out. If you use a banned word, it will be edited out as fast as I see it. Anyone who persists will be reported to Admin.  The use of asterisks makes no difference and does not make it acceptable.

©2024 Curry Recipes