Author Topic: Glasgow lamb Balti video  (Read 19356 times)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow lamb Balti video
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 12:02 AM »
@ dalpuri, well done, another member gone, who cares if he posts to another site, its all about the end game

(moderated)!!!  >:(

You really believe i was out of order?

You all need to check the history and read what really happened. BB1 brought everything upon himself because everyone didn't kiss his arse.
The guy cant take any criticism at all!
Talk about insecure!

And personally, i think its disgraceful that he's going behind his employers back, against his wishes and posting the owners recipes all over the internet without him knowing.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:30 PM by George »

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33 AM »
(moderated)!!!  >:(

And personally, i think its disgraceful that he's going behind his employers back, against his wishes and posting the owners recipes all over the internet without him knowing.

Tut-Tut DalPuri, surely you meant testicle's. :D
I also agree with the other statement. Good job he's not working for the secret service, ???. we wouldn't have any secrets left.

Les
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:31 PM by George »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34 AM »
he's going behind his employers back, against his wishes and posting the owners recipes all over the internet without him knowing.

What is your evidence for those three assertions, DP ?
** Phil.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42 AM »
He may well have the owners permission Phil, But I doubt it very much, If you where the owner would you care for one of your employees, (who you trust) plastering the web with your recipes. and yes I know some do, But are the recipes actually complete? I very much doubt it.

Les

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03 AM »
He may well have the owners permission Phil, But I doubt it very much, If you where the owner would you care for one of your employees, (who you trust) plastering the web with your recipes. and yes I know some do, But are the recipes actually complete? I very much doubt it.

There are two different issues here, Les : is BB1 posting with his boss's consent (tacit or otherwise), and are the recipes complete.  For the first, as always I prefer to give BB1 the benefit of the doubt ("as always" in the sense that I always prefer to judge others in the most positive light unless/until proved wrong); as to whether they are complete, initial feedback seems very positive.  What we need now is more testing and more feedback, and less mud-slinging and fewer unsubstantiated accusations.  IMHO, of course.

** Phil.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Agree with the mud slinging bit Phil, Far to much of it on here, I wasn't trying to be argumentative in any way, I just don't think his boss knows, IMO, But like you said, innocent until proven guilty. and if innocent I will be the first to hold up my hand and say that I was wrong and apologise, time will tell

Les

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:45 AM »
This is an odd take on a Balti, BB1, more like an Acher (pickle) curry dish.

It's Glasgow, land of the deep fried Mars Bar - what do you expect!  ;D

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:55 AM »

It's Glasgow, land of the deep fried Mars Bar - what do you expect!  ;D

And don't forget that Glasgow culinary delight, The Stonner  bbbbbbupp   bbbbbbuppp  ;D ;D ;D

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 02:05 PM »
BB1, can you kindly post the ingredients for this recipe ? The reason is that this video really confuses me.

First off - this recipe appears to be different from the "Glasgow Balti" previously posted here (and on RCR, where the ingredients are different yet again). Maybe that's because those recipes are for chicken instead of lamb ?

Anyway, regarding the video:
  • That appears to be a rather large "pinch" of Methi (maybe more like 1 tablespoon?).
  • Also, some other fresh green herb is apparently being added to the pot that's not in the ingredients list (either fresh coriander or mint leaves?).
  • I also didn't see the ginger/garlic being added.
  • Some "powder" also gets added right after the mixed pickles -> is this sugar, salt or something else ?
Can you kindly give us some more details, please?

Here's what I got out of the video recipe in case you just want to amend it:
  • Add Glasgow Pre-Cooked Lamb Concentrate Mix to pan.
  • Dilute paste with some water in pan (about 3-4 tablespoonfuls).
  • Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
  • Add a pinch of fenugreek leaves (Methi), a pinch of garlic/ginger paste (???), 1 tablespoon of tomato puree and 1 tablespoon of "Glasgow Green Chili Sauce". <- Is that correct?
  • Cook for 1 minute.
  • Add 3 chef spoons (or 1 small ladle) of Glasgow Curry Sauce.
  • Cook for 1 minute.
  • Add 2 tomato quarters.
  • Add 2 tablespoons of Patak's "Mixed Pickles".
  • Also add a pinch of ? (salt, sugar, ?)
  • Add 1 chef spoons of warm/hot seasoned oil (oil from the "Glasgow pre-cooked chicken")
  • Add 4 more chef spoons of Glasgow Curry Sauce (or 1 ladle).
  • Cook for a further 2:30 minutes.
  • Sprinkle with fresh coriander to serve.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47 PM »
he's going behind his employers back, against his wishes and posting the owners recipes all over the internet without him knowing.

What is your evidence for those three assertions, DP ?
** Phil.

Nothing unsubstantiated Phil. Anyone who frequents the other site knows full well.
Like i said,Disgraceful! and you wonder why there are so many revisions and amendments?
Because the owner doesnt want ONE person knowing his recipes let alone the whole world.

14-03-2013, 10:19 PM fred45
Fine with me Graham..my chef works in mysterious ways...He try to keep his recipe a closely
guarded secret..I CAUGHT HIM OUT TONIGHT..little does he now the whole of Britain may have his recipe.....
maybe i'm bad i don't know.. I'm not always there when he makes the base sauce which can take him
2 nights to make..I thought i knew all the ingredients up until tonight..I only work a few days a
week and probably miss a few things..The 25k is a monster of a base sauce.. I've tried to scale it
down to the best of my ability...I still regard it as the best base in the world.. I'm not been biased
here i just know a good curry

20-03-2013, 07:27 PM fred45
I've had to amend a few of my recipes on here.. I only work a couple of days and sometimes i miss a few things..
just when i think i have all the ingredients for a recipe he will throw in something else that i've not
noticed before..Don't be surprised if the base is amended again..i'm working behind enemy lines at the
moment and could be killed in doing so... I'll pass on as much information as i can, and i think a
lot of members on here are grateful for that....My chef hasn't a clue about this site and if he does
 i could hung drawn and quartered...hope that helps..KP

Regards Fred

©2024 Curry Recipes