Author Topic: Glasgow lamb Balti video  (Read 19347 times)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow lamb Balti video
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11 PM »
I was willing to turn a blind eye and all i was trying to do was look out for this forum by asking him to repost the recipes here, rather than sending members off somewhere else.
I dont think what i said was bad in any way at all.
But when i'm made to feel a like a %$

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 03:24 PM »
he's going behind his employers back, against his wishes and posting the owners recipes all over the internet without him knowing.

What is your evidence for those three assertions, DP ?
** Phil.

Nothing unsubstantiated Phil. Anyone who frequents the other site knows full well.  Like i said,Disgraceful! and you wonder why there are so many revisions and amendments?  Because the owner doesnt want ONE person knowing his recipes let alone the whole world.

14-03-2013, 10:19 PM fred45
Fine with me Graham..my chef works in mysterious ways...He try to keep his recipe a closely
guarded secret..I CAUGHT HIM OUT TONIGHT..little does he now the whole of Britain may have his recipe.....Regards Fred

Ah well.  What can I say ?  Since I am 99.999999% sure you wouldn't have fabricated the evidence (I don't do certainties) it would indeed seem that Fred has convicted himself by his own admission.  Where does that leave me ?  In the rather uncomfortable position of disapproving of the theft of someone else's intellectual property, yet reluctant to pretend that the recipe does not exist and therefore not try it.  I suppose that in many ways the situation is not dissimilar to that of pirate copies of films (etc) being distributed using Bit Torrent : no actual theft has taken place (in that the original video is still in the hands of its lawful owner) yet countless illegal copies now potentially exist, so the value of the original is diminished.  I wonder just how many who would criticise Fred for his actions are able to say with 100% sincerity that they have never downloaded any pirated software/video/audio/w-h-y and are 100% certain that they will never intentionally do so ?

** Phil.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I was willing to turn a blind eye and all i was trying to do was look out for this forum by asking him to repost the recipes here, rather than sending members off somewhere else.   I dont think what i said was bad in any way at all.  But when i'm made to feel a like a %$
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:04 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 04:06 PM »
God! you're hard work your honour!
I do disapprove when its biting the hand that feeds you and in hindsight it was wrong of me to ask him to re-post here because that contradicts how i feel.
However, in asking him to re-post here was just me trying to stop members migrating to another forum.
Yes, it is double standards which is why i said i was willing to turn a blind eye.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17 PM »
God! you're hard work your honour!
I do disapprove when its biting the hand that feeds you and in hindsight it was wrong of me to ask him to re-post here because that contradicts how i feel.
However, in asking him to re-post here was just me trying to stop members migrating to another forum.
Yes, it is double standards which is why i said i was willing to turn a blind eye.

OK, no problem.  You've stated your position, you accept that it is not entirely consistent, and I for one don't feel there is anything to be gained by debating it further (unless we can sell the entire transcript to the BBC for an episode of "The Moral Maze" for a very large fee, in which case I will continue to debate it until the cows come home) !  Over and out ;)

** Phil.

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 10:59 AM »
It seems to me that BigbBoaby1 gathering and sharing the "secret" info, is being used as an excuse to attack him, when several others have shared their piecemeal recipes and techniques from working in BIR's without any such attack or negativity.
We all know what forums can be like, but the lack of moderation here does seem to help drive good people away, because of stupid comments or personal attacks.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52 PM »
Dajoca, Please read through the history instead of adding more fuel to the fire.
When BB1 first joined, everyone was welcoming, intrigued and exited to see something new and different to what they were used to.
Then came the questions, Lots of questions!
He didn't like questions.
And from nowhere, it was himself who first made the stupid comments and personal attacks.
Something along the lines of, "if you dont like my recipes, then you can shove em up yer arse, and continue cooking your sloppy southern curries" (my words, not his)

He did the exact same thing when he joined the other forum and in his own words said he was surprised that he wasnt banned for his outburst.
And he is still doing the same thing on the other site. Ask a question and he attacks you.  ::)
He is his own worst enemy, unfortunately.

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 08:00 PM »
I checked out some of his youtube videos
There is no doubt that this chap is genuine
The first recipes he posted were perhaps not 100% accurate, but he clearly has knowledge and experience, which he is keen to share
I don't see why that's a problem
He doesn't have to post anything
and I , for one, am glad he still does

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 08:06 PM »
I checked out some of his youtube videos
There is no doubt that this chap is genuine
The first recipes he posted were perhaps not 100% accurate, but he clearly has knowledge and experience, which he is keen to share
I don't see why that's a problem
He doesn't have to post anything
and I , for one, am glad he still does

Me too Haldi, it's all good information for the forum. I don't know why people get so worked up about it. A few people have found their curry nirvana with his recipes. I'll try it myself soon.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I'm glad Frank (is it Frank, he's changed it so many times?) is still posting too. That said, he did invite the wrath of cr0 down on him by getting overly defensive about perfectly reasonable questions.

©2024 Curry Recipes