Author Topic: Slow cooker curries  (Read 7153 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Slow cooker curries
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:20 AM »
Does anyone have any tried and tested slow cooker curry recipes.
I haven't used the slow cooker in ages and the thought of getting off the train from London and coming in to a waft of hot curry seems very appealing.

The less frying off would be best as I can't see myself frying off onions and spices at half five in the morning!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:16 PM by tempest63 »

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Slow cooker curries
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Hi
T63, saw your post before I headed to the library this morning and guess what. Curries and Spicy Dishes for your slow cooker, author Kris Dhillon. I don't have a slow cooker but I'll give it a thumb.
Regards

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:51 PM »
tempest I've never done slow cooker curries but have successfully made Ashoka base in a slow cooker.

Offline vindapoo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:11 AM »
I use a slow cooker for keeping curry warm at BBQ's. I normally make 2 a CTM for the women/kids/non curry lovers and a proper curry for the rest.

They are also handy for keeping rice and nans warm. Cheaper to buy then chafing dishes as well.

Offline Cindy_Jk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Recently I've bought a multi-cooker and now I used to cook stew and curry in that. I understand, the classical way is OK as well, but everything I need now is to put all ingredients inside the bowl, set the mode up and than get a ready meal. I would strongly recommend to try multi-cookers for making your daily meals.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:26 PM by George »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 09:19 PM »
So can you offer us a curry recipe that you would use, Cindy ?

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 09:36 PM »
I normally make 2 a CTM for the women/kids/non curry lovers and a proper curry for the rest.

Your comment is grossly offensive to anyone who, like me, appreciates any fine tasting food, whether it's mild or not. What are you trying to prove? CTMs and kormas are amongst the most popular dishes. You may like a different type of curry, but it's no reason to look down your nose at those dishes. Incidentally, I haven't ordered a korma or a CTM in a BIR for many years. This sneering, almost snobbish attitude, is one of the worst aspects of the forum.

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 07:12 AM »
I normally make 2 a CTM for the women/kids/non curry lovers and a proper curry for the rest.

Your comment is grossly offensive to anyone who, like me, appreciates any fine tasting food, whether it's mild or not. What are you trying to prove? CTMs and kormas are amongst the most popular dishes. You may like a different type of curry, but it's no reason to look down your nose at those dishes. Incidentally, I haven't ordered a korma or a CTM in a BIR for many years. This sneering, almost snobbish attitude, is one of the worst aspects of the forum.

Offence is taken, not given. And someone who gratuitously takes offence in such a pompous way, having to dredge up an 18 month old comment to respond to, has no business complaining about other people's attitude.  Why not keep your toxic viewpoint to yourself George?

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54 AM »

Offence is taken, not given. And someone who gratuitously takes offence in such a pompous way, having to dredge up an 18 month old comment to respond to, has no business complaining about other people's attitude.  Why not keep your toxic viewpoint to yourself George?

Here we go again with your attempt at giving a lesson in English grammar. I don't even accept your first comment.

I thought the comment about CTM was pompous. I'm sorry I didn't notice it before.

"Toxic viewpoint"? Really? If people didn't poor ridicule on dishes which they might not like, but other people do, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Cindy_Jk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15 PM »
So can you offer us a curry recipe that you would use, Cindy ?

Yes, sure. Usually I make chicken & veggie curry. App. it takes about one hour to make and 10 min. to prepare ingredients. Shortly, you need 3 chicken breasts, veggies (carrot, tomato, onion, etc) and curry power. First cut all ingredients into pieces, fry it on Baking mode on sunflower oil. I've mentioned before that I'm using multicooker, so the mode calls backing exactly. 15 minutes is enough to make it OK. Than add 5 tablespoon of cream, mix well and turn Stew mode on for half an hour. Than add curry power, mix well and put for next 5-7 min, also for Stew mode. Ready!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:25 PM by George »

©2024 Curry Recipes