Author Topic: chicken madras  (Read 12477 times)

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: chicken madras
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Don't know if this link will work

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Gopping

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Obviously a poor base and your curry will be poor, all I am saying is that the restaurant base ,although tasted different to the home base (taz base I think it was) did not produce that much better a madras , because of either the madras recipe or cooking technique/process used

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 08:31 PM »
I finally got around to trying my madras dishes.As usual,the food seemed to taste much better after a day,whether that was down to my curry senses getting back to normal I don't know.They were all slightly different,bearing in mind they all were all made with different gravies.I've tried just about every restaurant madras where I live and every one is different,so that doesn't supprise me.

Were they any good?? Well If I had been served any of them in a restaurant I would be happy.None of them could match my favourite place,I have no idea how they make their madras but I wish I could find out.I think once you have a decent base you're on the way to making a decent curry,however you have to have the technique to go with it.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 08:40 PM »
All looking good jb. Look forward to your taste results.

I'd also appreciate your recipe for the red masala sauce as I haven't had much success with that.

BTW, your photo skills are fine - don't listen to the attention-seekers  :)

The massala paste is here....

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13137.0.html

To make massala sauce simply heat up some paste in pan(it should be really thick).Once it's melted add two ladles of base gravy and then boil for a couple of minutes.That's it,this is exactly how I saw it done in the takeaway.I've seen some videos where the chef adds extra sugar/coconut/almond but this paste doesn't need anymore.I made this on Saturday night for some friends,they thought it was fantastic.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 08:51 PM »
balti chicken pathia, hey there Jb I have been looking this dish up and can't seem to find a recipe that looks as good as yours for this dish.
Wondering if you will be sharing the  balti chicken pathia recipe from your TA? As it's making me drool :'( big time !

I can find a Pathia recipe but not your balti chicken pathia.
 :)
Thanks.

It's really just a bog standard pathia recipe with some balti paste added.I used Pasco paste,I managed to get hold of some from a local wholesalers,I've seen it it my local takeaway so I know they use it.I would love to think that that many of my local takeaways make their own balti sauce/paste from scratch but I very much doubt it,all they add is a dollop of pre-made paste.However on my recent lesson I did indeed spot some paste on the side which I was told was home made paste,so when I return I will ask about it.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Nice one jb. Thanks for the updates.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Million