Author Topic: The Referendum  (Read 9309 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Referendum
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Appears there is some unease up there over the result.  I do hope that it doesn't escalate into unnecessary and pointless violence where innocent people are injured.  Hardly surprising though, when people get passionate about something as far reaching as a change in ideology. It was always going to be divisive no matter which way it went really.

We can only hope that the unrest settles soon.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52 AM »
Looks like you suvverners are stuck with us for a bit longer.
Only until /our/ referendum :  "Are we English sick and tired of the whinging Scots, and do /we/ therefore want independence from /them/ ?".  Aye !!!

** Phil.

I used to think you were a decent, balanced, guy Phil.  But I don't tolerate racist views such as you have just expressed.

garp, i'm 100% with you.  phil, you 'appear' to be this erudite educated person,someone who we 'oop north' would call a know it all.... (politely put for reasons of moderation) A.K.A..a bam.  you have just confirmed that ignorance is bliss...go and live in your happy wee selfish world, with your 4 megamillion btu burner and your grill pit while the UK bloody disintegrates.
And for the record... I voted NO....

Without knowing a whole lot about any of you fellas up there, I'd hazard a guess that mebe old Phil McAvity there is taking the P out of you highlanders with a bit of sarcasm.

And I thought it was only Americans who lacked a sense of humour, and whose irony detectors were congenitally defective.  Come on Mr McGarp and Mr McMojorisin -- take a leaf out of Mr 50%-McLivo and recognise a piss take  when you see one ...

** Phil.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:25 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 10:53 AM »
"Appears there is some unease up there over the result.  I do hope that it doesn't escalate into unnecessary and pointless violence"

I hope so to livo.

I also hope it triggers an influx of curious visitors to Scotland next year,
that would be a positive outcome.

Best regards,
Graeme.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:28 PM by Graeme »

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 04:52 PM »
We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free. Let your masters come and attack us: we are ready to meet them beard to beard.

William Wallace

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00 PM »
We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free. Let your masters come and attack us: we are ready to meet them beard to beard.

But the English, devious as always, met their opponents beard to beard, looked them in the eye, then stabbed the man to the left.  And poor Sir William was part-hanged, cut down, emasculated, eviscerated, dismembered, and his preserved head displayed on a spike on London Bridge.

Ah, those were the days :)

** Phil.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:14 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00 PM »
We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free. Let your masters come and attack us: we are ready to meet them NECKbeard to NECKbeard.

William Wallace

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 05:04 PM »

And poor Sir William was part-hanged, cut down, emasculated, eviscerated, dismembered, and his preserved head displayed on a spike on London Bridge.

** Phil.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.

William Wallace

And still true to this day ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes