Author Topic: Hello strangers ! long time no see. What have i missed?  (Read 12506 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello strangers ! long time no see. What have i missed?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 09:02 PM »
I have to say that I agree with both sides of this discussion.

1. Most times after a long cook and multiple dishes, I just don't seem to enjoy the food as much as I possibly would have, had I been a mere guest to the table.  This is a common experience among cooks.  It is not exclusive to Indian food.

2. Some curries do definitely round out and develop over time, and so does a good stew as anybody will tell you.

3. Even though my curries are delicious and enjoyed, they are definitely not in the same class as some commercially purchased dishes I have eaten. There is, I feel, something missing. 5%??? Not sure.  In saying this though I've also eaten some pretty bad purchased dishes as well.

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 01:08 PM »
There are some restaurants near me charging ?11 for a madras !

Is it worth it?

I would say yes

The taste is out of this world, 

If you don't know what I mean then you clearly don't have any good curry houses in your area

Then you get the rest of the average jo curry houses which are not so different to my own attempts

Sadly due to long commutes I don't seem to have the time to make bases any more! gutted

I actually order more TA now, which is expensive for what you get !  a tiny little carton for ?7  -  (moderated) !
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:20 PM by George »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 01:20 PM »
There are some restaurants near me charging ?11 for a madras !  Is it worth it?  I would say yes.  The taste is out of this world

So where do you live, Derek ?  I'm not averse to spending GBP 11-00 on a Madras if it will re-create for me the experiences of yesteryear ...

** Phil.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46 PM »
There are some restaurants near me charging ?11 for a madras !

Is it worth it?

I would say yes

The taste is out of this world, 

If you don't know what I mean then you clearly don't have any good curry houses in your area

Then you get the rest of the average jo curry houses which are not so different to my own attempts

Sadly due to long commutes I don't seem to have the time to make bases any more! gutted

I actually order more TA now, which is expensive for what you get !  a tiny little carton for ?7  -  moderated !

Yeah I can relate to that, I live 40 miles from Glasgow but I work there so I often pick up a takeaway from my favourite place called the Punjabi and their madras takes me back to the early 90's . my local takeaways though charge a little bit more and get nowhere near it
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:58 PM by George »

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Sorry Phil.  I Have to disagree. There is definitely something missing in taste. Nothing at all to do with sensory overload or whatever you call it Im afraid. I actually wish you were right...but you're not!

Well, would you be willing to accept that whilst there may well be "definitely something missing in taste" in the curries that you cook, and probably  in the curries that I cook, the same is not necessarily true for all members of this forum ?  I do not for one second claim to be a member of this

Offline Cindy_Jk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Hi, as for me, I shared advantages of multicooker and wrote a nice receipt of chicken curry cooked in multicooker. It's next topic, you can easily find it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:25 PM by George »

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22 PM »
a tiny little carton for ?7  -  (moderated) !

One other thing that has changed since you were last here is the policy of avoiding the use of bad language, including thinly-veiled versions.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 10:26 PM »
You'll need to moderate "quotes" too George.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Magners claimed that the "(moderated)" mention in the advert was a "mild rebuff" to the bees, rather than an expletive. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has ruled that the poster is suitable for display.[4]

I think, George, that what's acceptable to the ASA ought to be acceptable on CR0.
** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:52 PM by George »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile

©2024 Curry Recipes