Author Topic: Jalfrezi(?)  (Read 5702 times)

Offline rpozz

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Jalfrezi(?)
« on: November 12, 2006, 05:06 PM »
This is a recipe I came up with based on some of the other recipes here. Not 100% sure if it classes as Jalfrezi, or indeed BIR style, but it tastes pretty good - a strong spicy lemon/tomato flavour.

Serves 1.

Ingredients:
1 diced and cooked chicken breast (150g approx)
250ml of Darth Phall's base
1/2 diced medium onion
1 tbsp tomato puree
A pinch of fenugreek powder
A pinch of ground or fresh coriander
2 heaped tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of curry powder
1 heaped tsp of salt
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 finely chopped clove of garlic
4 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2 tsp of ginger powder
1 medium tomato sliced into 8ths with the seeds removed.

Method:
Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook on a low heat. Immediately add the garlic and ginger powder.

When the oil starts to bubble around the garlic, add the tomato puree, the chili powder, the curry powder, the fenugreek powder, the salt and the lemon juice. Stir these all together and let it cook for a minute or two.

Add the onion, and cook through further, keeping it on a low heat so that nothing gets burnt.

Meanwhile, have the curry base warmed up in a saucepan. Pour the contents of the frying pan into the saucepan and add the chicken and tomato. Finally add the coriander. Let it simmer through gently for a good 10-20 minutes to let the flavour blend in and to let the sauce thicken.

Worked pretty well for me, but I'm still a newbie at this. Any improvements welcome! :)

Offline rpozz

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Jalfrezi(?)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:11 PM »
..in the one I made, I also added around 2 tsp of ground chilis. That comes to a medium/hot flavour. Forgot to add that! ;D

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Jalfrezi(?)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Looks interesting. I have been using Darths base so I might give this a go.......cheers..... ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes