Author Topic: Zeera Madras (extra hot) Garlic/Coriander Naan  (Read 7865 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Zeera Madras (extra hot) Garlic/Coriander Naan
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Just had a play in the kitchen and made this extra hot Madras, a completely moreish heat infused beautiful curry and h4ppy naan, the Heera Kashmiri Chilli Powder is the best Kashmiri I have bought, very colourful, aroma is 10/10, and it is so moreish. I also added a jigsaw x tmsb chilli, which gives a wonderful slow heat build that lasts for an age, one of my favourite curries this year  :)

Gutted I broke my spoon though  :o

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Zeera Madras (extra hot) Garlic/Coriander Naan
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Stunning looking food MA. Is that garlic and coriander on the naan - it looks 110% like it came out of a top class curry house.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Stunning looking food MA. Is that garlic and coriander on the naan - it looks 110% like it came out of a top class curry house.

It is garlic and coriander SL, I am so pleased with all my curries now, since the Jb base it feels like everything just clicked, chewys recipes helped so much too. I am at the "cracked it" stage, there is room for improvement but I would rather eat my own now than order a curry. Amazing how everything just comes together  :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29 PM »
Oh yes you have definitely cracked it if these pics are anything to to go by. I am constantly disappointed with curries ordered from local establishments. There's maybe only two places here where I think they've got the better of me and in part that's because they offer something different from the standard BIR menu.

However it's a good place to be when you get to the stage that you can enjoy your cooking and not worry about what your local BIR is serving cause you know it's gonna have to be damn good to better your own. I think that's what this forum is about and it seems to me these days that more and more members are reaching their goals thanks to the collective pooling of ideas and experiences on the forum.

I look forward to more of your pics.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Couldn't agree more S.L. until recently I have struggled, had something missing, been disappointed (when others enjoyed it), but since the jb base everything else has fallen into place, from cooking temp, times, spice cooking/singing etc. I genuinely enjoy everything I cook now, its a wonderful feeling after 20+ years of trying. And yes it is all entirely down to this forum, as argumentative as it is and even though most threads are completely derailed the information is here  :)
The No.1 source for true BIR standard curries, FACT  :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55 PM »
 :D ;D

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 11:47 PM »
That Madras looks lush Andy, I could just tuck into that, right here and right now.
Due to not being at home properly for the last few weeks and constantly in demand at the moment  :-\ , I'm absolutely desperate to just sit down at home and just masticate (read it again slowly George and NO) on a delicious curry.

And the slow heat build thats lasts for an age sounds good to me. Winter warming at its best.

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 01:48 AM »
Looks spot on Andy.  I pretty much mastered about 90% of a standard indian menu about a year ago.  Will post some pics tomorrow and been thinking about doing a video if I can get my missus to film it.  My wife is indian and she says my curries are better than restaurants...which is a nice complement.

Some of the earlier bad curries usually meant the garabi or the tomato paste was too thick or I used too much mix powder.  Garabi needs to be really thin, like milk consistacy and I would use a rounded teaspoon full of mix powder rather than a tablespoon quantity.

But yes, well done and look forward to some more pics.

Offline benmitchell88

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 01:55 AM »
Oh yes you have definitely cracked it if these pics are anything to to go by.

Couldn't agree more!!!  :D

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 06:53 AM »
Superb looking food MA!! Yum  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes