Author Topic: First Success - Dead Simple, Dead Quick, Dead Lovely  (Read 2313 times)

Offline fishypops

• Chef
    • View Profile
First Success - Dead Simple, Dead Quick, Dead Lovely
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:33 PM »
I find following Curry recipe's difficult, mostly because there are steps which most people find easy enough, so much so that they don't explain them clearly.  (e.g 'add a small bunch of coriander' - stalks? leaves? chopped?). Regardless, I am extremely grateful for all the advice on this site.
Somehow I tend to mess up somewhere to the point where my results are not good.
This time, I got it.  And I want to share my steps to anyone who is as dumb as I.  Even so, I maybe have missed clarifying some steps.

What I ended up with was a reasonably thick sauce which was very tasty with nice chunks of garlic.  This recipe is 1 takeaway sized serving.

Used Darth Phall's Curry Base Recipe (Stage 1 and 2).
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,674.msg6264.html#msg6264
Used Jamie Oliver's Jalfrezi Curry Paste recipe:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/easy-homemade-curry-pastes/
Notes on the Curry Base:
1. Used 250 ml of Curry Base (previously frozen)
Notes on the Chicken:
Boiled as per Darth Phall's method, no chicken water was added.
Notes on the Paste:
1.  I did not have any Fenugreek seeds, so I added 5 Fenugreek leaves (I had frozen) to the paste.
2. I grated the Ginger and the Garlic with the large side of a grater.
 Added 3 cloves of garlic not 2.
3. I read 'Small bunch of Fresh Coriander' to mean 6 Stalks with leaves, finely chopped. I added 3/4 of this to the paste (inferred? by not stated by Jamie!).
4. Added Half of very finely chopped Green chilli with the seeds removed.

Notes on the Paste, Spices and Chicken Cooking:
1.   I added 2 Tablespoons of Groundnut oil (peanut oil) to the pan, heated it to medium heat, then added the 3/4 of the ground spices to the oil.  Heated for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
2.  Added the spice paste (which included the original 2 tablespoons of Ground Nut oil).  Stirred constantly for about 2 minutes.
3. Added 100 ml of water. Stirred occasionally (every 20 seconds) for 2 minutes.
4. Added the Pre-cooked Chicken. Stirred occasionally (every 20 seconds) for 2 minutes.
5. Added 250ml of Curry Base. Brought back to the boil, stirred occasionally (every 20 seconds). Once back at the boil, lowered the heat to low.
6. Tasted.  Found that it needed salt, added 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Found that it needed more Chilli, add another 1/4 of the green chilli.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:46 PM by fishypops »

©2024 Curry Recipes