Author Topic: How to make a quick Sindhi dish! - The Times of India  (Read 2842 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
How to make a quick Sindhi dish! - The Times of India
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Seyal Mutton is a hot favourite and is easy to make too

Sail or Seyal is the process of a dish slow cooked in its own juices without the use of water. Says food aficionado Saloni Malkani, "Slow cooked is very important as the meat or any preparations slowly cooks in its own juices, giving the dish and outstanding and typical flavour." Here is her recipe to try...

Recipe of Seyal Mutton

Ingredients:
500 to 750 Grams mutton or lamb - with bone or deboned as per your choice
The lamb should be cut in cubes, or sized pieces as desired
3-4 normal medium sized onions chopped and then puree in a mixer
4 medium sized tomatoes chopped and pureed
200 grams curd (either hung or thick)
4 garlic pieces finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic paste and 1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 cup coriander leaves and 2 green chilies finely chopped and pureed
1 teaspoon garam masala, jeera powder and dhania powder
1/2 teaspoon of cardamon which should be powdered
1/2 teaspoon of ajwain powder
3 tablespoons ghee
A pinch of haldi
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Marinate the mutton in a mixture of the ginger ,garlic , coriander leaves puree along with the curd , leave in the for a few hours outside or if overnight refrigerate the mixture.

(Overnight marination does wonders to the dish)

2. Saute the onions in ghee, when slightly brown add the tomatoes and masalas and saute between 4-6 min.

3. Cool the sauteed onions, tomatoes and masala mixture then add to the marinated mutton and mix.

4. Keep aside 45 minutes and cook the mixture over high heat for 7-10 minutes.

5. Reduce the heat and cover the discharge to simmer for 60-75 minutes to ensure the mutton is tender

6. Once tender, serve in a nice bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.

Your seyal mutton is ready.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a quick Sindhi dish! - The Times of India
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:29 AM »
This was one of the the curries I prepared this weekend. The use of ajwain and ground cardamom seed gave it a different twist. Didn't look anything like the picture inTimes of India but there are other versions that I will look at and attempt a hybrid of the various ingredients.

T63

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:47 PM »
This was one of the the curries I prepared this weekend. The use of ajwain and ground cardamom seed gave it a different twist. Didn't look anything like the picture inTimes of India but there are other versions that I will look at and attempt a hybrid of the various ingredients.

T63

Dishes made from recipes with an accompanying picture rarely look anything like the picture.  I recently found that the pictured dishes in a book of Balti recipes were not even made using the published recipes.

I'll be interested to give this a try. I have some Ajwain and have been looking for a recipe to use it in.  This looks like it to me.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 02:55 PM »

Dishes made from recipes with an accompanying picture rarely look anything like the picture.  I recently found that the pictured dishes in a book of Balti recipes were not even made using the published recipes.

I'll be interested to give this a try. I have some Ajwain and have been looking for a recipe to use it in.  This looks like it to me.
[/quote]

I have books that give a recipe for diced chicken breast whilst the accompanying photo shows a jointed bird, and vice versa

©2024 Curry Recipes