Author Topic: Last nights effort  (Read 1508 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Last nights effort
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:25 AM »
After discussing ingredients of my recently made Chicken Dhansak I had another attack of curry craving. I discovered that the only base I had left in the freezer was an old base that I had slightly burnt, enough for 2 curries. Anyway, I cooked up a chicken tikka bhuna type thing and a korma type dish for the wife. The korma was very nice but it is a recipe that I am playing around with a bit that is less sweet than normal and the bhuna curry was nice and spicy, using an assortment of chillies that I needed to use up. 

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Last nights effort
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:32 AM »
Glad to see you didn't waste anything. I hate waste and even though it may have been a little burnt I am sure it'll be better than supermarket crap :)

I'll have the Bhuna please  ;)
Lou

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Yes, better than supermarket any day. I'm with you about the Bhuna, I don't mind Korma, but I couldn't eat a whole one, testing purposes only. The burnt taste didn't come through the curry to be honest, it just made both curries a bit darker than they would have been. So, it would seem that today is a base making day. No burning! 

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Nice effort SR, waste not want not  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes