Author Topic: Olly's curry attempts  (Read 2108 times)

Offline tehmeh

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Olly's curry attempts
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Hey all, this is my first post and I plan to keep this thread updated with my BIR curry attempts.
I've just discovered this forum by chance, and what a great amount of resources and passion!

I grew up on BIR and have developed a huge taste for it, and I've gone all over Europe tasting hundreds of curryhouses.. eventually travelling up and down India to sample everything from street food and home cooking to 5 star restaurants - even taking cookery classes there!
Anyway, I have never been happy with any kind of recipes I found in books or online, but this place looked just the ticket, so I'm approaching the information here with a complete beginner's mind.

Here's my first attempt using the recipes on here.. Taz's base with this passanda recipe, made in bulk by 10x and a few modifications (no sultanas!) and served with this simple pulao rice. :)

Preparing the breasts (marinaded for 3 days in the fridge)

Making the base! This was really fun, I picked up a nice immersion blender and this really made things easier. Still gave the onions a good chop before just in case.  There's a huge amount of this base leftover, which is wonderful :).

Cooking the passanda - I made the recipe a little more creamier, more savoury than the one in the link, but it was very good. I used much more of the marinade in the end which turned it more yellow then I'd have liked though.

The final result. Amazing amazing taste. Thanks so much to the guys here for all the info.

Next up I'm reading the Bruce Edwards pdfs, and going to attempt some more dishes soon :D
Thanks for looking.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Olly's curry attempts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:06 AM »
A very warm welcome to the forum.  You have certainly entered the spirit of things with all guns blazing.  I can hardly wait for the next installment or your curry journey.  Keep up the good work  ;)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54 AM »
No messing with preparing that curry - head down and right into it! You won't want for passanda for a few weeks! :)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum, what a great way to introduce yourself  :)

littlechilie

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Big welcome from me, great looking prep you have going on there.

©2024 Curry Recipes