Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 415064 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #1130 on: July 04, 2016, 03:06 PM »
I don't (in fact, I don't even own one).  I allow Mr Waitrose to make the pizza base and add the basic toppings (buffalo mozarella & sun-blushed tomatoes), then add my favourite extras (capers, anchovies, olives), cook for 10 minutes (or less) at 200C in a conventional fan oven (electric) then serve and enjoy.  I don't even own a pizza slicer !

** Phil.

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 04, 2016, 03:08 PM »
OK I thought you had wood fired it?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 04, 2016, 03:32 PM »
OK I thought you had wood fired it?
No, that is Waitrose's description -- I think the box has already been taken by the dustman, but I seem to recall that it read "wood-fired buffalo mozzarella & sun soaked tomato pizza".  Checking on the Waitrose site, I see that it goes on to say "made with slow-rising dough, our pizza bases are stretched by hand, and cooked on lava stones in a brick-lined wood-fired oven. The intense heat cooks quickly and evenly, keeping in all the flavour of the dough, and producing the thin, crisp crust you find in Italian pizzerias.".

Living in the Kent countryside as I do, real pizzerias are hard to find, but every Thursday afternoon/evening we have a pizza van on the village green, and he cooks every pizza to order in a wood-fired oven which is integrated into his van.  They are superb.

** Phil.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 04, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Same again, more or less. More razor's sheek, less chorizo. Dough is from chefsteps - better than no knead which I've previously used, but does need a stand mixer. https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/life-changing-pizza-dough-with-joe-heffernan-of-seattle-s-independent-pizzeria

Cooked in a conventional oven (no fan) at 250C. Really a struggle actually,needs a fan oven at 275C ideally I think. Good enough result for me to enjoy after 9 mins in the oven.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 28, 2016, 06:44 PM »
Pizza with whatever came to hand. From memory was mozz, onion, mushrooms, fresh basil from the garden, bacon and sweetcorn. I've started to realise a lot of the success / failure in this pizza game is down to the handling of the dough. Get it right and it'll stretch evenly and yield a nice strong pizza base that will crisp nicely underneath. Get it wrong and you'll have thin spots and a weak pizza which tears.

After a long time wedded to no knead dough I've moved away from it in favour of a mixer kneaded dough with low yeast, a long counter rise then a fridge ferment. Cooking method is a Teflon mesh and fan oven on 275C for 7 or 8 mins.

Before, during and after pics.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 09, 2016, 11:44 PM »
Had this salad tonight made a nice change

CAB.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 10, 2016, 11:56 AM »
Must be a weight watchers portion, a bit light on the pork pie. ;D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 10, 2016, 01:49 PM »
Ah, but all that lovely black pudding, bottom-left, more than makes up for it :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:48 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 10, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Ah, but all that lovely black pudding, bottom-left, more than makes up for it :)

Its beetroot Phil

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 10, 2016, 05:12 PM »
Its beetroot Phil
Not in my imagination it's not  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes