Author Topic: Tonight's Dinner: Chicken Rezala  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tonight's Dinner: Chicken Rezala
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:40 PM »
It was a hot one today - well, hot for Scotland! - but I was determined to have my usual Friday curry. What to prepare though? A curry that wasn't too heavy and wasn't a Chicken Ceylon!

I settled for Chewy's tried-and-tested Rezala recipe as the added yoghurt really lightens the dish, yet it still retains a decent kick from the addition of black pepper.

Very nice and highly recommended if you haven't tried this one.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Dinner: Chicken Rezala
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:06 AM »
Great looking quality food there Keith. Different to the rezala i'm looking to recreate.  But i'd certainly be devouring a plate of that for sure if it was on offer.   Nice one  ;)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:23 AM »
Thanks Dave. :) It really is a very nice dish, and hit the spot on such a warm and muggy evening here.

I've never seen a Rezala on a menu up here (happy to be set right on that) so I can only go by Chewy's video from which I transcribed the recipe I now use.

I'm keen on the addition of black pepper in a curry where appropriate. I think I did a report on a Chettinad curry a good while back - that was a traditional recipe, but it was really heavy on the black pepper and it opened my eyes to the prospect of the spice being something more than just a seasoning.

If you come up with a Rezala that tickles your fancy, I'd be the first in line to give it a go. I'm always on the lookout to try something new and tasty. Maybe have to cut back a wee bit on the chilli though lol! :)

littlechilie

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 04:28 AM »
Great photos Nagga, the Rezala is not a dish I'm familia with but it looks just as tasty as ever. 8)

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:30 AM »
Fine looking curry. I was going to try this recipe a couple of weeks ago, but I either forgot or couldn't find the video. Thanks for the link.

I'm also starting to use a lot more black pepper in recipes. In fact this is how I differentiate 'my' 'madras', from 'my' vindaloo, i.e. black pepper/ cider vinegar in vindaloo. More chilli obviously too.

I'll have a go very soon.

Good to see the weather is not detering you.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:43 AM »
...Good to see the weather is not detering you.

Thundery deluges this morning. Its gone from the sublime to the ridiculous overnight! :)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Excellent looking grub there naga, well lush indeed  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes