Author Topic: Have you read *Made in India* written by Meera Sodha  (Read 2590 times)

Offline issiemc

• Chef
    • View Profile
Have you read *Made in India* written by Meera Sodha
« on: July 05, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I bought * Made in India * by Meera Sodha a few months ago after reading Yotam Ottolenghi write up. Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen.
A different recipe book to the usual cookery books. A mix between Indian and English I thought.
Loved the corn on the cob with chilli garlic butter, great for BBQ weather as it is at the moment.
Royal Bengal Fish Fingers, grandkids love them! And my favourite at the moment is Scallops with Tamarind very different and everyone that I have made them for has asked for the recipe, again great done on the BBQ
Favourite main dish up to now has been Coriander Chutney Chicken, very different.
The coriander chutney, lovely, always a jar in my fridge, Smashing over chicken, burgers, lamb.
Best pudding so far. Black Pepper Ice Cream.!

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Have you read *Made in India* written by Meera Sodha
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43 PM »
HI Is,

Was bought this by my other half whilst we were in the New Forest on a break.I thoroughly recommend,there's always something a bit different.Have tried the butternut squash one and found it superb.I believe the lady and her mother were on the Nigel Slater programme the other week.

Cheers Geoffbrick

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Sounds interesting. I think I'll put this on my birthday Amazon list. Cheers.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:46 PM »
The coriander chutney, lovely...

Found a recipe for it (from the book apparently) on another website:

Coriander chutney

brown sugar, 4 tsp
ground turmeric, ? tsp
salt, 1 tsp
fresh coriander, 100g
lemons, 1-2 (you need 4 tbsp juice)
small, dark green chillies, 3 (you want the ones that are about as long as your thumb, but not as fat, somewhere between the tiny Thai ones and the fatter, paler green ones)
shelled peanuts, unsalted and unroasted (buy them as monkey nuts and shell them if you can?t find them elsewhere), 60g

How to
1. Wash the coriander: fill a large bowl with cold water, submerge the whole bunch in it, swill it around a bit, then remove and shake off the excess water. Any grit will remain in the bowl.
2. Roughly chop the coriander (stems and leaves), juice the lemons and de-seed and roughly chop the chillies.
3. Put the coriander, lemon juice, chillies, sugar, turmeric, salt and shelled peanuts into a blender/mini-chopper and blitz until smooth (so a bit like pesto). You might need a little water to help it blend, or to move the mixture around (when the motor?s NOT running) with a spatula if it sticks at all.
4. Taste and add a little more salt or lemon juice if need be.

©2024 Curry Recipes