Author Topic: Most popular base?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline johnny fow

• Chef
    • View Profile
Most popular base?
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Hi,

I'm going to do a base tomo. I generally do CA's base, but want to try another base. Whats the most popular please?

Thanks.
Johnny.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Most popular base?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Hi Johnny i use this recipe http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13136.0.html

I have made this to spec and also made it without adding the coconut block having great results with each one, this base is just so versatile plus it smells absolutely wonderful too. Give it a go and post your results on here.

Offline Jeanwinnie

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:16 AM »

I have read all the contents of this people. I feel it is useful to many readers, really.

littlechilie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Hi, there are many base sauces on the fourum and lots worth making, what i have learned is that if you stick to the basic ingredients used in a base sauce then your on the right track.
Its more a case of how its made that is important! Coconut is used to sweeten the sauce, were as some people dont like the taste of sweetness in a madras or vindaloo.
It all depends on how your taste buds recognise a curry, imput your taste and learn well how to cook base gravy then you will do good,
Thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes