Author Topic: m0rq's curry pics  (Read 7566 times)

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
m0rq's curry pics
« on: June 09, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Hello everybody,

after over a year since I started the curry journey it's time to share some pics of my curries.
I hope the pics resemble the joy I had in making and eating them!

I must say, without giving myself too much praise, that I'm more than content with the outcome of my efforts after more than a year of practicing.

A few friends of mine who know their restaurant curries very well always rate my curries with "restaurant grade", and that makes me very happy.

I started out with CBMs ebooks, and especially his first ebook put me on the track and I cannot recommend it enough to anybody starting making curries.

This forum gave me much more additional insight especially in cooking techniques and variations of the recipes, and encouraged me even more to try my own.

Most of the curries here have been made with CBM Base Gravy No.1 or Taz Base.

I hope you like the look of my curries. Any feedback is very much appreciated!

Cheers!
m0rq

Chicken Bhuna

Chicken Ceylon

Jheenga Chili Masala

Chicken Madras

Chicken Punjabi Masala

Chicken Rogan Josh

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Vindaloo

Offline leeroydan

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: m0rq's curry pics
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:35 PM »
They certainly look restaurant grade m0rq, are all the recipes from this site?

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16 PM »
Hi leeroydan,

the Bhuna, Ceylon, Chili Masala are from CBM's ebooks, the Madras is the "Ultimate Madras" (by MA) from this site, the Punjabi is from this site from the specialities section, the Rogan Josh is from this site by Razor, the Tikka Masala is my own "ultimate", taken from various recipies (hence the additional handful of chopped almonds ;-), and the Vindaloo is a mix of the "Ultimate Vindaloo" from this site (MA also) and a authentic recipe from an Indian Cookbook (what's the authors name.. Camille Punjabi?). Sorry for spelling, I don't have the sources at hand right now.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 03:28 PM »
Camellia Panjabi, I think.  I had the pleasure of meeting her in person a couple of years ago at a birthday party held by a mutual (in the Dickensian sense) friend.

** Phil.

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Absolutely, that's her name. Her (authentic) vindaloo recipe had the best vindaloo-ish taste I have experienced so far, so I incorporated her vindaloo paste into the BIR recipe, and it works very well. Although I'm using vinegar now rather than tamarind paste.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Absolutely, that's her name. Her (authentic) vindaloo recipe had the best vindaloo-ish taste I have experienced so far, so I incorporated her vindaloo paste into the BIR recipe, and it works very well.
That's an excellent recommendation -- I shall try it.  Does she use pork, do you recall ? So many of the traditional vindaloo recipes do, but I don't like it, far preferring chicken, mutton or goat.

** Phil.

Offline m0rq

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:58 PM »
In fact her authentic vindaloo recipe was for lamb (mutton), and I had a very hard time getting that right, because I tried the authentic style before ever knowing about BIR. But I always remembered the paste from that recipe, the taste was definitely what I was after in a vindaloo. That's when I learned I'm a huge fan of green cardamom, also. The authentic recipe took like 5 hours to cook (evaporating much much water).. very different from BIR. But the paste brings the desired taste and combines with the base gravy without problems. Just add it to the pan at the time when you would add any spice mix, after frying off the onion/garlic/ginger, and before adding the first ladle of gravy.

Offline hs01

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Excellent pictures, curry's look fantastic, lovely glossy sauce, I would be happy to be served any of those in a restaurant  :)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Excellent looking curries there m
We all on here appreciate  the hard work that goes into making those
I hope you enjoyed them as much as your friends  :)
MT

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Agree with Michael - very professional looking dishes m0rq. They all look nice and saucy too; just the way I like them.

Good stuff and thanks for posting :)

©2024 Curry Recipes