Author Topic: Missing items  (Read 2612 times)

Offline welshman

• Chef
    • View Profile
Missing items
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Me and my family recently ordered an Indian takeaway.  When I got home and opened the bag from the takeway, we found there was one rice missing from the order.  We phoned the takeaway to let them know the item was missing but due to the distance between our house and the takeaway we felt it was too much hassle to go back to collect the item.  Have you ordered from takeaways to find items missing from your order.   I am curious to know if this is a common experience. 

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Missing items
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Yes, it happens.  It is never (IMHO) worth insisting that they send out a replacement, but any worthwhile establishment will automatically say "Very sorry Sir (or Madam) -- we'll give you a free dish next time".

** Phil.

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Yes. The last time I ordered a takeaway the item that was missing was the heat! I would have complained but I had waited 3 hours as it was and was beginning to chew my own arm off. 

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:21 PM »
I always go and pick it up, as I don't like the idea of my grub being driven round for an hour before I get it and it usually quicker.

London.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I always go and pick it up, as I don't like the idea of my grub being driven round for an hour before I get it and it usually quicker.
I think that Welshman did the same, but sadly they still managed to forget one item.
** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:30 PM »
I've been given the wrong takeaway before now - and too far to go to take it back.  On another occassion - different place they sent our doggy bag out as part of someones order !

Offline welshman

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 11:43 PM »
I think that Welshman did the same, but sadly they still managed to forget one item.
** Phil.

Yes I picked up the takeaway in person.

©2024 Curry Recipes