Author Topic: Cooking a naan bread  (Read 2954 times)

Offline lanerboy

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Cooking a naan bread
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:45 PM »
I am thinking of buying a brick pizza oven to put in my garden and I just wondered does anyone use a pizza oven to cook their naan breads, do you think this would work ok or not
cheers LB

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking a naan bread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Use the search facility to find useful information from members who have built all sorts of contraptions :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:52 PM »
I am thinking of buying a brick pizza oven to put in my garden and I just wondered does anyone use a pizza oven to cook their naan breads, do you think this would work ok or not
cheers LB
I don't have a Tandoor or Pizza Oven LB but the conventional wisdom on this site is that they both reach temperatures high enough to cook naans effectively. Whereas your domestic oven will reach 240/250 degrees C at most I believe that these devices will reach 400/500 degrees, cooking the bread quickly so that you have a nice chargrilled taste to the outside whilst retaining a soft centre.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33 PM »
[Y]our domestic oven will reach 240/250 degrees C at most I believe that these devices will reach 400/500 degrees, cooking the bread quickly so that you have a nice chargrilled taste to the outside whilst retaining a soft centre.
So maybe try a pyrolitic oven on its self-cleaning cycle ?
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes