Author Topic: Returning for trip to UK - Need Curry House recommendations!!!  (Read 4510 times)

Offline hukkas

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Returning for trip to UK - Need Curry House recommendations!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 03:34 PM »
If in Manchester - try the Jai Kathmandu, Palatine Rd., Northenden.  Also Mughli Charcoal Pit, Wilmslow Rd, Rusholme.
Agree with those. There's also Akbars in the city centre (ish), although it's often extremely busy and they don't take bookings.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Thanks Hukkas. I will be in Manchester so will definitely take the time to visit those two.

I think I went to Akbar's during a visit a few years ago. If its the place I remember they served family size naan on these antler-looking holders at the tables. Personally I wasn't thrilled by this place. I gave it about a 6 out of 10.

Offline hukkas

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 05:27 AM »
Thanks Hukkas. I will be in Manchester so will definitely take the time to visit those two.

I think I went to Akbar's during a visit a few years ago. If its the place I remember they served family size naan on these antler-looking holders at the tables. Personally I wasn't thrilled by this place. I gave it about a 6 out of 10.
Got to admit I wasn't all that impressed with it either, although that was partly down to the whole dining experience - packed in like sardines. It's highly thought of, though.

Might be worth trying eastZeast; there's the long-standing one on Princess Street near Oxford Road, as well as a newer sister restaurant on Deansgate.

The one thing I would say about Manchester is that other than Mughli, as Ghoulie mentioned earlier and maybe Spicy Hut, Rusholme might be "the curry mile" but it's generally pretty mediocre, in my experience. You'd think the competition would drive up standards!

Enjoy your trip!

©2024 Curry Recipes