Author Topic: Curry, bhajis and naans  (Read 2005 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Curry, bhajis and naans
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Hi,
I made a new batch of base again the weekend and made some dishes with 1 portion. First up a madras hot curry with chicken, onions, potatoes and peppers which I had with a mushroom bhaji and pilau rice. Today I knocked up some naan bread, chicken tikka and mini onion bhaji. I have to say the curry came out rather oily compared to my usual curries but it was very tasty indeed and it was large enough for two servings.

All the best

Rob

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Curry, bhajis and naans
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:35 PM »
I have to say the curry came out rather oily compared to my usual curries but it was very tasty indeed and it was large enough for two servings.
The oiliness (?oilyness?) looks absolutely perfect to me, Rob -- the ideal ratio of oil to base, IMHO.
** Phil.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curry, bhajis and naans
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Thanks Phil. I have been making my base without really measuring ingredients recently and also adding only turmeric and not any other spices. It's giving me some good results. The curry above had a little more oil added at the frying stage and I have to say it didn't do the flavour any harm and if anything gave it much more of that BIR flavour.

All the best

Rob   

©2024 Curry Recipes