Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Author Topic: Curry Kings Lamb Bhuna  (Read 20165 times)

Offline mak

• Chef
Re: Curry Kings Lamb Bhuna
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Hi Ste and welcome to cr0.

Hi is it worth adding any lemon juice to this?

I suppose you can add whatever you like mate but, try the dish to spec first and then make changes on the next run if you wish.

What do you think the lemon juice will add Ste, apart from a lemon flavour? ::)

Ray :)

I do add lemon juice as the spec calls for it but to be honest I cannot tell it's there. So for me trying out someone else's recipe I try to stick to it the best I can for a while then adjust when I'm comfortable with it.
This usually means chucking in a quartered tomato and a bit of Garam Masala or other spice mix - again nothing too drastic.

I would go with the recipe as near to it as you can - it's a very, very nice dish in fact ;)

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 05:55 AM »
Wow !!!

Thanks Curry King .. this was the best dish so far for me . I used PaulP's method of slow cooking the lamb using CA's base and the recipe to spec and it was amazing. I've never tried a BIR lamb dish so I didn't know what to expect but it was enlightenment for me ... can I go back to dull old chicken ?? .. with the price of lamb as it is I'll have to but I'll be having this dish on every special occasion in the future.

To roast/stew lamb is criminal ... stick it in this bhuna lads and lasses !!!   :) ;) 

Offline stryker_uk

• Trainee Chef
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2013, 08:03 PM »
would Kashmiri chilli powder work ok with this, would I need to adjust ammounts

Online Pedantic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • Poems for Charity
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29 PM »
would Kashmiri chilli powder work ok with this, would I need to adjust ammounts

The original calls for "1 tsp Hot chilli powder".  Kashmiri mirch is by no means hot (I would class it as medium), so I would be inclined to increase the amount of chilli by a factor of 1.5 to 2.

** Phil.
Allergy warning :  the content of this message may annoy the anally-retentive and those with tunnel vision

Offline stryker_uk

• Trainee Chef
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Will do, thanks Phil

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: