Author Topic: Chicken korma  (Read 63004 times)

Offline daddyL

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken korma
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Made to spec (didn't garnish with coriander) and thoroughly expertly tested by my eldest (6) it was a huge success, probably the best korma Ive made, didn't or wouldn't need to change a thing BUT... he asked to try some of my Jalfrezi, expecting cartoon ear steam  :P I got the milk ready......Mmm that's nice dad.. Mmm its a bit hot but can I have one of those next time I think Ive gone off the creamy ones  :D >:( :)
So it maybe the last Korma for a while  :) until the little one gets a bit bigger ;)

Decidedly a keeper

Cheers

Leon

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Chicken korma ? used ? pre-cooked chicken from tesco (!), cut it up. Recipe was based on Georges recipe ( a variation on Ghannas recipe), bit I did add a teaspoon of spice mix to add a little more flavour. This tuned out fantastic! Could not of hoped for better. The daughter loves the local take away korma, and I have to admit, whenever I have tasted it, it really is excellent.  Well, this recipe turned out just as good. I knew it was a hit as soon as the daughter took her first mouthful and started to smile. ?Is it as good as the take away one?? ?Yes? she ginned. A winner! I think what makes this dish, is the addition of evaporated milk ? it just adds the sweetness and taste of that take away meal.

All together with the korma -

Meggeth - I'm pleased to hear the recipe worked so well for you. I do hope that ghanna is somehow aware of how popular his/her korma approach has become (using the quantities put forward by me).

Online Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I do hope that ghanna is somehow aware of how popular his/her korma approach has become (using the quantities put forward by me).

Strange isn't it George? Just as ghannas posts were starting to get interesting ...pooof!...he/she disappeared!

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54 PM »
Hey George! This really was fantastic! Daughter was so glad that she saved ?6 too!

So happy with what I am learning on this site. Thanks to all.  :D

©2024 Curry Recipes