Author Topic: CA's Chicken Ceylon  (Read 105840 times)

Offline thewhiterabbit

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Ceylon
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Cory for this recipe. I tried it on Sunday night and it was awesome...extremely tasty - I'd have been happy to pay for it in a restaurant! In fact, it was so good my dear other half said "you can stop experimenting now...just make this from now on".

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Cory for this recipe. I tried it on Sunday night and it was awesome...extremely tasty - I'd have been happy to pay for it in a restaurant! In fact, it was so good my dear other half said "you can stop experimenting now...just make this from now on".

Glad you and your wife liked it TWR  8)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 04:10 PM »
My girlfriend's brother-in-law  came over for lunch, so I made this dish. We had a taste half-way in and the heat level was quite strong (eventhough I used slightly less chili than the recipe calls for and I deseeded the fresh chillies), so we were both a tiny bit preparing for a major kick in our throats, but with an extra tbsp of lemon juice and another tsp of sugar, the level of heat was controlled and right up our street.

Fantastic first curry using CA's base sauce for the first time. Thanks for the recipe CA! :)

Offline lawness

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2013, 02:43 PM »
I made this on Saturday with CA's base and mixes (but not the spiced oil).

I'm quite new to this but this is definitely the best curry I've ever made. Thank you for the recipe! I have printed out a few more of CA's recipes to try - looking forward to them!

Just one comment. I found that, although this was delicious, the flavour hit all at one time (rather than experiencing different flavours in stages eg sweet, then spicy, then sour). Did anyone else find this?

Offline DavidTR

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 10:28 PM »
My first attempt at a BIR Ceylon...props & thanks to CA, great Ceylon as good as I have had at any BIR! Followed to the letter and glad I did!

Offline Jal-frenzy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I've worked my way through a number of recipes on this forum and tried this one for the first time last night.

Never had a Ceylon before and loved the taste - for me I toned down the sugar as I don't have CA's sweet tooth! I only had the Taz base going used this.

My dish ended up with far less sauce, I think maybe because I reduced down the base a lot more as per the technique you see on many of the recipes on this site. I was slightly suprised as the Taz base has quite high oil content so thought reducing down too much would be less of an issue. Either way I loved this dish and next time I'll add more base and tweak as needed.

Suprised there are not more Ceylon recipes posted - maybe because it's close to other more popular dishes...

Thanks CA.

Offline davetroobleu

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2014, 08:28 PM »
I tried making this tonight using shop bought curry masala, curry powder and tandoori masala (from my local Asian grocer) and it turned out great. Definitely the nicest curry I've ever made and wouldn't have seemed out of place in a restaurant.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 09:28 PM »
I tried making this tonight using shop bought curry masala, curry powder and tandoori masala (from my local Asian grocer) and it turned out great. Definitely the nicest curry I've ever made and wouldn't have seemed out of place in a restaurant.

Were any of these branded blends, Dave, or were they blended by your local Asian grocer ?
** Phil.

Offline Mathmos_man

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56 AM »
Made this for the second time last weekend. A real hit, this is now the recipe of choice from the wife. It really was as good as any curry I've tasted from a BIR. Thanks CA !

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2014, 12:12 PM »
I'd recommend avoiding CA's curries because they are formula curries derived from Pat Chapmans' sorry efforts

you just cant leave him alone can you...

Yes, I apologise Fi5h. It is a bit of a cause celebre with me. I shouldn't pick on poor old Pat the way I do.

Consider my botty well and truly spanked.

:D though you were talking about CA :P

©2024 Curry Recipes