Author Topic: Index of recipes  (Read 96506 times)

Offline currygall

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Index of recipes
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Hi CurryGal and welcome to cr0  8)

I suggest you try one of the following, as a starting point, as they have all been used extensively and have had good reviews:

Hope this helps!  Please let us know how you get on  8)

Oh, and I tend to have a different opinion than many others have, it seems, about mixing and matching curry bases and main recipes. 

I believe you can quite satisfactorily mix them, provided that the curry base is lightly spiced, such as those above (and most decent BIR curry bases) are. 

If you chuck loads of spices (e.g. chilli powder) into the curry base, you obviously need to chuck less into the main recipe.  8)

Maybe a topic for another post! 8)
But Secret Santa says "You can't mix and match" How much chilli do I "chuck" in ? and above all which spices do I also add?, and of what quantity? I'm lost here as there is such a differing of opinion. Is there a chef who actually cooks in an Indian restaurant here who can give a difinitive answer as to which direction I should pursue?

We can't wait to get started cooking. However, thank you for your input and help. currygall.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 12:47 AM »
Hi Curry Gal,

Differences of opinion are a fact of life, I'm afraid, it would be a boring life without them!  :P 

I suggest you try one of the curry bases I mentioned and use it to make a curry of your choice using recipes in the main recipe section.

All I can say is that, in my opinion, you can use any of the curry bases that I mentioned, in conjunction with a main recipe of your choice, to make a successful curry.  Try it and see. 

If you are hesitant to "mix and match", I suggest you select a curry base where the author has also suppied main course recipes. 

For example, Darthphall has supplied a madras recipe for his curry base as follows. 

There are one or two other curry bases where the author has also supplied main recipes (e.g. Gary - "parker21" - has supplied his Rajver curry base and his madras and vindaloo sauce recipes):

Alternatively, if you can be more specific about the type of curry you're looking to make, I can be more specific about which curry base and main course recipes to use. 

Perhaps post your specific request in the "recipe requests" section here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=4.0

Alternatively, if you are looking for more prescriptive recipes and techniques (and more limited options), I can direct you to an alternative site that you might find more suitable.  You may already know of it or be a member there of course  :P

Please feel free to send me a personal message if you would like further details.  8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:36 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 04:44 AM »
btbw/CC,

note:  btbw/cc post deleted by admin

I think I provided an answer to your question in my posts above....assuming I managed to actually understand what it is that you are trying to say...never easy I know  ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:35 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline btbw

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 05:15 AM »
CC,

I think I provided an answer to your question in my posts above....assuming I managed to actually understand what it is that you are trying to say...never easy I know  ;)

Glad to see that some things never change  ;).

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 08:20 AM »
Hi btbw (Cury Cannuck)

Thanks for a really informed post.  Why not pop off back to whence you came.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Is there a chef who actually cooks in an Indian restaurant here who can give a difinitive answer as to which direction I should pursue?

Hi Currygal,

If you have a good look through the threads you will see that a large amount of info is actualy from chefs themselves.  We have had a few members claiming to be chefs or associated with a restaurant but so far they have all turned out to be fakes.

Your best bet is to just get stuck in and see how it goes, if you need help with a particular recipe just ask.

cK

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Updated

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 03:45 AM »
These "hot links" don't seem to work for me Stew?  It says that it's "missing or off limits" to me and takes me to a sign-on page?

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23 AM »
They work for me CA.
Remember you must be logged in to see these threads.

S

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Yes, I'm logged in Stew?  Maybe it's a pop-up blocker or privacy protection software of mine then?

©2024 Curry Recipes