Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Balti  (Read 39066 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Balti
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Hi YMD,

It's a good question and has been asked many times before.  Me personally, I would cook the three portions separately, and add them together when reheating.

Others will say that you can up the ingredients x 3.  I guess it's what you're comfortable with really.  I don't up the ingredients because I fail to get consistency if I do it this way.

Not much help I'm afraid :(

Ray :)

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Cheers Razor i was thinking along those lines myself , not to sure if the base sauce came out right seems very bland!!! we shall see.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Hi YMD

I wouldn't worry too much about your base being bland, I'm pretty sure that it will be trandformed in your main dish.

In my opinion, the base sauce should be quite bland so it doesn't influence all the various dishes that can be made with it.  As long as your base has a high percent of onions in it, then it should be fine.

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Yep your right razor got round to using Dips base lastnight , made chicken tikka balti and id have to say it was awesome ;)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 10:26 AM »
Hi YMD,

Yep your right razor got round to using Dips base lastnight , made chicken tikka balti and id have to say it was awesome ;)

Well done mate, glad to hear that you've had success.

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Tried this recipe again lastnight with a few tweaks , firstly i doubled everything up because i was making for 2 this seemed to work fine, im also using pataks balti paste which seems good to me, i also use a red pepper instead of a green, mmmm nice n sweet , the chicken tikka i swapped for .....Dipurajas1 keema lamb mix and made lamb balls.....shluurrrppp!!!, i pre fried the lamballs first just to stop them falling apart once added to the curry, while frying they released a lovely spicy lamb fat of which i used 1tbs in the actual curry , for me this was a very indulgent tasting curry the likes of which i shall be making again, give it a go see what you think.

Offline logie48

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51 PM »
Made this with Dipuraja's base on several occasions and it's one of the best recipes I have.

The middle dish is the Balti.  The others are Korma and Chasni.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 10:16 AM »
Hey YMD,

for me this was a very indulgent tasting curry the likes of which i shall be making again, give it a go see what you think.

Sounds like you're having fun with Dip's base and subsequent dishes?  I've actually done this myself, used minced lamb and made a 'kofta curry'.  It really does make a pleasant change from the usual meat or chicken.

Well done mate,

Offline gansant

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Bumping an old thread I know but tried this out last night with turkey for fun and it was a 5 star killer. Instead of adding the balti paste to the curry I skewered the meat and added half of it to the marinade to see what happened. Great victory ensued. Thank you for posting.

©2024 Curry Recipes