Author Topic: Basaar Mix, an answer from the Kushi  (Read 13286 times)

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Basaar Mix, an answer from the Kushi
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Could someone please post a photo or scan of the Basaar Mix packet, so we know what to look out for?
Regards
George

Sure George, here it is. A bit fuzzy I am afraid but my camera is one of the first digitals ever made.

If you want to try some or anyone else for that matter and have trouble getting it let me know and I can post a sample.

Ray

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 08:49 AM »
Thats the one Ray sent me (Bloody nice chap).
I can vouch for him, it is excellent stuff (no don't use it as  snuff !!!!).
It is hot enough to blow the trousers off a Concrete Elephant,it is marvelous to use instead of Chilli powder as it does not leave that nasty after taste, great for making Phall's (4 Table Spoons of this & its welcome to the fires of Hell my son, & then some!!).
Has anyone used it as an alternative to "Shake & Vac" ?  ;D

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 09:11 AM »
That pic explains it now Ray - it is a PAK spice mix!!  I only go to indian stores.  I did accidentally go into the PAk stores area of Birmingham once but once I realized my mistake, I didnt shop :o  perhaps Pakistanis use it at home but indians (from India) do not.  I was really wondering why none of the stores I have been in sell it!  Mystery solved.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 10:15 AM »
...here it is (photo)... A bit fuzzy I am afraid but my camera is one of the first digitals ever made...

Ray

Many thanks. Your image is very helpful. Otherwise, I would probably have been looking for something in a brightly coloured cardboard box, and might have missed it. All the ingredients look familiar. It just goes to show - from your reports of how good this stuff smells - that the way the spices are blended, and the precise quantities/ratios can have a huge difference on the final aroma and taste.

Regards
George

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Judging from the list of ingredients, it looks like there are a lot of ingredients.....wonder if it is like the Kitchen King masala by MDH ???

©2024 Curry Recipes