Author Topic: Dheeraj Anand Slumdog Bar and Kitchen Glasgow (STV)  (Read 4020 times)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Dheeraj Anand Slumdog Bar and Kitchen Glasgow (STV)
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Click here Spicy potato and salmon cakes

Spicy potato and salmon cakes

Ingredients
 200g of boiled potatoes
 180g of salmon, chopped
 30g ginger garlic paste
 4g of fenugreek leaves
 2g of red chilli powder     
 Salt to taste
 2g of Garam masala     
 15g of coriander leaves, chopped
 5g of cumin seeds     
 40g of gram flour
 Bread crumbs for binding
 Sunflower oil for frying

Method
1. Marinate the salmon with ginger and garlic paste, oil, and salt
2. Take a pan saute the marinated salmon until cooked, keep a side for cooling
3. In  a bowl add grated potatoes and  all the above ingredients including salmon (make sure salmon is cold)  except gram flour and bread crumbs, and mix them well
4. Add the gram flour and bread crumb, and mix it till the mixture is smooth
5. Make small patties of the mixture and deep fry them at 160deg till golden brown
6. Serve it hot with mint and yoghurt dip

Mint and Yoghurt Dip

Ingredients:
 50g yoghurt
 30ml single cream
 15g mint sauce
 Salt to taste
 2g red chilli powder

Method
1. Blend all the above ingredients together
2. Serve chilled

Click hereLamb bhoona

Lamb bhoona

Ingredients (for 4):
 600 g diced lamb             
 300g chopped onion         
 100g tomatoes, chopped       
 50g ginger and garlic paste     
 2 Green chillies, chopped   
 1 tsp turmeric powder         
 1/2 tsp red chilli powder       
 Salt to taste
 1/2 tsp garam masala         
 3-4 bay leaves             
 1-2 cinnamon sticks       
 1tsp dry fenugreek leaves     
 1 tsp cumin seeds             
  A pinch of chopped coriander       
 70ml vegetable oil             

Method
1. Take a pot heat oil then add bay leaves and cinnamon sticks
2. Then add cumin seeds and chopped onions stir till the onions are golden brown, then add diced lamb and cook it for at least 40 minutes on a low heat
3. Add the rest of the above ingredients and stir them well, add a  little water and cover the pot with a lid and cook till the lamb is cooked
4. Garnished with fresh coriander and julienne tomatoes
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:15 PM by DalPuri »

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Dheeraj Anand Slumdog Bar and Kitchen Glasgow (STV)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:03 PM »
Just watched the Lamb Bhoona video, very interesting to say the least, I did pick up on 2 things he said which was about tomatoes stopping meat from tenderising, I didn't know this till now, and that you should always cook curry's on a low heat, which go's against most of the comments that's said on this forum, So I have learned something ;)
Thanks for posting DalPuri

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Hi Les (Hotstuff?)

Just watched the Lamb Bhoona video, very interesting to say the least, I did pick up on 2 things he said which was about tomatoes stopping meat from tenderising, I didn't know this till now,

I didn't know this either?  I always thought that anything with a degree of acid in it, would break down the fibers in meat that makes it tough?  How strange, especially when you think of all the world cuisines that use tomatoes?

Ray :-\

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47 PM »
I didn't know this either?  I always thought that anything with a degree of acid in it, would break down the fibers in meat that makes it tough?  How strange, especially when you think of all the world cuisines that use tomatoes?

Ray :-\

We live and learn Ray,
You just have to look at the Italian cuisine for there use of tomatoes in everything,
What do you think about the other comment, Low heat to cook curry's?, Could be just his style of cooking I suppose, Iv'e never seen low heat in any of the T/A's, With the exception of Julian (curry2go)

Les
Yes It is I,
Got fed up with that pesky name,  Was having a bad hair day when I picked that one ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:57 PM »
We live and learn Ray,
You just have to look at the Italian cuisine for there use of tomatoes in everything,
What do you think about the other comment, Low heat to cook curry's?, Could be just his style of cooking I suppose, Iv'e never seen low heat in any of the T/A's, With the exception of Julian (curry2go)

The low v high heat debate will rage on and on I guess.  As home cooks, we're somewhere in the middle.  JerryM, who has got a burner that outputs 8kw, suggests that high heat isn't necessary and, reading between the lines, I think that he has had a few disasters finding out?

Would be interesting to hear what other members think about the tomato point though.

Les
Yes It is I,
Got fed up with that pesky name,  Was having a bad hair day when I picked that one ;D

Jhezz, it's hard to keep up these days lol.  I stick with Razor as it is actually my nickname and has been for about 30 years, even my good lady calls it me lol ;D  My kids call me Ray though.......little shits >:(

Ray(zor) ;)

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Jhezz, it's hard to keep up these days lol.  I stick with Razor as it is actually my nickname and has been for about 30 years, even my good lady calls it me lol ;D  My kids call me Ray though.......little shits >:(

Ray(zor) ;)

Ray
If I put on here what the wife calls me,  I would get banned for life ;D
And one of my great grandchildren calls me great grumpy :o

Les

Offline gary

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27 PM »
I wouldn't get too caught up in what he is saying about tomatoes.

Watching what he is doing I think it's a case of cooking the meat down in it's own juices for 40 minutes, then adding the spices and tomatoes.

I don't think he means there's any intrinsic quility in tomatoes that prevents meat from becoming tender, but rather that adding them too soon interferes with the 'meat cooking in own juices' process.

He is 'pre-cooking' the lamb before adding the rest of the ingredients to make the gravy.

Basic trad Indian technique really.

Gary

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:44 PM by gary »

©2024 Curry Recipes