Author Topic: The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste  (Read 30934 times)

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Here here, definitely. I've bought a printer today to have this to hold after really enjoying the read. Shame the 121 pages will not fit into the binder, doh! Busy kitchens all around I think!  :D

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42 AM »
If only a book like Julians had been available 20 or so years ago along with the instructional videos when many of us had begun our quest ??? 

I was thinking that very same thing myself, CH.

But then if that had been the case, this forum probably wouldn't exist (at least in the same way it does now), we wouldn't be having this conversation or meeting of like-minded fanatics, and I wouldn't be spanking so many hours here when I should be working. ;D

I'd also be considerably richer, as I'd already have bought all the essential equipment and wouldn't be considering remortgaging the house to acquire a pressure cooker forged from hyper-duplex stainless steel and adamantium.

Indeed, employing the chaos theory (or 'butterfly effect') here, had Julian produced this book 20 years ago the world as we know it would be a completely different place. Domestic kitchens countrywide would be exuding 'that smell' and permanently spattered with the joyful juices of constant curry production, their walls resplendent with the golden hue of turmeric... Pressure cooker manufacturers would be luxuriating in the rarefied upper environs of the Fortune 500...  I may never have chosen to wear flip-flops to have a go in my mate's new motor...  Tony Blair may never have been prime minister...

My brain has just exploded with the enormity of the implications and multiplicity of possible outcomes involved in such a scenario, so I'm going to have a lie down...   

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 09:54 AM »
SD

i love it - made me chuckle here - thanks

best, Rich

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 10:59 AM »
The title refers to the secret. But is it still a secret or are you all chasing your own tales? Good luck to Julian with his book but if any of the previous books had truly delivered, why should there be so much interest in Julian's book, like it really is the breakthrough everyone has been waiting for. I don't understand. Is the consensus that previous books didn't really deliver what you are looking for? And, despite the excitement at the time, neither did the Fleet cooking lessons?

Everyone must have their idea of the best-tasting dishes you've ever had in, or from, a BIR. Are you saying that NONE of the previous books, or recipes on this forum or tips picked up from the Fleet lessons have quite got you there but you hope that Julian's book will finally deliver or get you closer? Or that you simply enjoy buying a new book, even if it's no great breakthrough? Fair enough, I guess.
Well said George

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 11:21 AM »
I have just made the pilau rice this morning and the pressure cooker method does work well, lovely separate grains

Off to buy some freezable microwave cartons this morning as indian base and rice coming out my ears!

W

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08 PM »
SD  your gonna have to write a book, you'd make a fortune
You funny bugger ;D ;D

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 06:26 PM »
SD  your gonna have to write a book, you'd make a fortune
You funny bugger ;D ;D

I've always been a fan of Nietzsche, who said "It is my ambition to say in ten sentences, what others say in a whole book."

So it would be a very (very) short book.

Besides, I need to acquire some life experience first, MT - I'm only 53.

Then of course I'd need to address my various addictions, which somehow conspire to rob me of spare time. This forum being one of them.... Then there's the motorcycles, brewing, pub pool team nights, women, Container Ship Spotters' Society meets, drugs...

The list goes on. It's a nightmare....

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Well you make laugh  ;) and I think it would be fair to say the forum would be a duller place with out you
Now what else can get you to buy Mmmm . To be fair I wont feel part of this forum until I start posting pitures need a camera looking at the Nikon D300s

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Here here, definitely. I've bought a printer today to have this to hold after really enjoying the read. Shame the 121 pages will not fit into the binder, doh! Busy kitchens all around I think!  :D

This what i do it's called a Comb Binder
  Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Well you make laugh  ;) and I think it would be fair to say the forum would be a duller place with out you
Now what else can get you to buy Mmmm . To be fair I wont feel part of this forum until I start posting pitures need a camera looking at the Nikon D300s

Great camera Michael easy to use - having said that ive used the Nikon from film till now and do have the D300s stuck with Nikon even when the rest of the guys went with Cannon because of the huge difference in resolution but having all the lenses all 2.8 right up to 300mm i stayed the course and Nikon came true and improved the resolution which helped enormously for sport and celebrity pictures well all round to be honest -
anyhow nice camera mate buy it

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes