Author Topic: Garlic Chili Lamb Masala - with Chippotle Chilie's in an Adobe Sauce  (Read 9213 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Decided to try my new pan out today which was lovely - thanks to H4ppyChris :)

I made the usual Garlic Chili Lamb Masala but used a very different type of chili, chippotle chilie's in an adobe sauce. I buy these on line in tins from a Mexican wholesaler in London and usually use these for when I make Pulled Pork Sandwiches, but decided to try these in the dish today.

They are hot and also give a smokey flavour which really suits this dish, otherwise the recipe is exactly the same as the other post I put on here.

Here are some pics :)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
that's some good looking food there Bob. How did you find using the pan compared to what you was using?

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Well I used to use my Pressure Cooker with high sides, so it makes a lot more mess on the hob and worktops for starters!!  ;D ;D

But I did use a Metalic Brillo pad to scratch all the bottom up before I started and I love the new pan and Chef's spoon, the curry just glides around as though it's on air.

Thank you Chris for getting these for me :)

I'm off to make Curryhell's Brinjal Bhaji now, plus a Chicken Tikka Masala and Mushroom Pilao Rice :)

More Pics later....

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
your are more than welcome Bob have you not watched one of my vids showing how to use foil to save on the mess  ;)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
your are more than welcome Bob have you not watched one of my vids showing how to use foil to save on the mess  ;)

I have and I'm inspired by that, just run out of foil at the moment and forget to get some when I went shopping  :( lol

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Finished Dinner tonight with the above dish plus a CTM, boiled rice and Curry Hells Brinjal Bhaji which was absolutely lovely!! :)

Sorry for the bad presentation of pics....

Thanks for recipe Dave :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
That looks "on the money" Bob.  Feedback against the original recipe would be appreciated to encourage others to try it.  It's got to be my favourite veg dish when cooked well ::)

Offline Jazman79

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic Chili Lamb Masala - with Chippotle Chilie's in an Adobe Sauce
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38 PM »
Would love to try the recipe with and without chipotle...sorry if I'm being slow, but where's the original recipe?

Many thanks

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic Chili Lamb Masala - with Chippotle Chilie's in an Adobe Sauce
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Would love to try the recipe with and without chipotle...sorry if I'm being slow, but where's the original recipe?

Many thanks

Hi Jazzman,

Here is the thread for the Lamb Tikka, http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,8358.10.html

Then just follow my main recipe for Garlic Chilli Chicken Masala, but substitute the Chicken for Lamb and either use normal chilli's or the Chipottle Chilli's in Adobe sauce for a more smokey flavour.

Rgds,

Bob

Offline Jazman79

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile

©2024 Curry Recipes