Author Topic: Chewys Tikka Tuk Tuk  (Read 23951 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewys Tikka Tuk Tuk
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Here we go garabiarmy this is where i got mine from, got 4 and they have a very fast delivery service and comes well packaged
http://dadibhais.com/index.php/kitchen/cookware/frying-omelette-pans/black-iron-omelette-pans-with-tubular-handles.html

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies  :)  I managed to get one from an Asian store in Sheffield,

Offline ottis

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 02:52 PM »
I'm really quite surprised you are using a cheap stainless steel pan when other on this site have told me to use the same as BIR chefs aluminum....curry2 go has a full video explaining why..also no seasoned oil..I've been told by many guys on hear to use it..I have a recipe for Tikka Jalfrezi which is very similar to one you are posting, infact i think it's the same..There is nothing different here and nothing to suggest it's BIR also no technique..How are trainee chefs supposed to learn from someone who supposedly has experience and not applying the same...I agree everything looks very neat and well presented but it's the end product that's important..ottis

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Well I'm sure Chewy is going to appreciate being told to learn from C2Go...! :)

Stand back and wait for the fireworks...

Offline ottis

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 04:02 PM »
I just assumed Julian has more experience because curry2go is a chef and could maybe he could learn a few things from him technique etc that's all i was saying nothing wrong in that i'm sure.. I don't like any of curry2 go recipes but he is right on what he says about the correct utensils etc  ...If he can't take constructive criticism then it's a bad day..Is this man chewy tikka someone to be feared..It seems like it..All i was dong was offering him some help..  ottis

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 04:14 PM »
Is this man chewy tikka someone to be feared..It seems like it..All i was dong was offering him some help..  ottis

There is no-one to be feared on this forum, Ottis.  Some will try to bully you, but so long as you stand up to them they are harmless (just a nuisance).  However ...  What leads you to believe that "someone" (the non-specific "you" in your reply) is using "a cheap stainless steel pan" ?  Looking back over the thread, CT used (and recommended) " a cheap catering Ali Omlette/Curry pan, available in any Asian/Indian supermarket", where "Ali" = "Aluminium", and those who responded seem to be going for the same thing.  I can find no-one in this thread who is using or recommending a stainless steel pan, although I use only steel and iron utensils myself as I cook on an induction stove by choice.

** Phil.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 05:58 PM »
All seems a bit bogus and random to me, like somebody flaming from another forum, maybe Oz. 8)
But I'll go with it

LOL,  ;D ;D ;D Well ottis, your proving to be a bit clueless. :o joining a forum and deriding members without
any understanding or basic knowledge of the subject. go figure.  ???

Now its my turn is it.  ::)
You've already slagged off Bengali Bob for using too much oil, then jamieb728, shaslik jalfrezi for not having tandoori flavour and then
you had the neck to criticize and rewrite the Admins (Stew) Bengali Chicken recipe. You definitely have issues

My opinion about c2go, a "very clean white coat" doesn't make a Curry Chef or a successful business.

The beat goes on, indeed. ;D ;D on the ignore list. Bye.

©2024 Curry Recipes