Author Topic: Chikcen Korma with Taz Base  (Read 6962 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Chikcen Korma with Taz Base
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:15 PM »
This must be the simplest recipe using the Taz base yet. Simple but still tasty. You could of course include garlic ginger paste at the beginning but I didn't.

Chicken Korma with Taz Base

Ingredients:

300ml Taz base gravy
1 tsp. Taz or BE spice mixture

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chikcen Korma with Taz Base
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I've been told this looks like baby poo but it's tasted great honest!!!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Had another go at this recipe but this time I added more base for the second reduction which I think helped the colour look less like a bad nappy!

This one has the addition of peppers, green chillies and cashew nuts which makes it a Mirch Korma.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Had another go at this recipe but this time I added more base for the second reduction which I think helped the colour look less like a bad nappy!

It still looks like a bad nappy day ;D ;D .  But for korma lovers, and there are quite a few about, it looks like the dog's gonads.  Nice on SL.  I must give this a try just to brush up on my korma skills.  Were the cashews salted :-\

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:38 PM »
2nd one looks much better Stephen, never ordered a korma in my life but have eaten plenty! I've seen kashmiri with peach / mango / pineapple from the same place, Shahi - cashew & sultana & Malayan called Nawab. There just variations on a theme(creamy / fruity) aren't they? . I've also seen Bhuna / Boona, Buna on the same page of 1 menu
ELW

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56 PM »
cheers curryhell, yes the cashews were salted but I don't think there was enough of them to make any difference

ELW, I agree - lots of scope for customising Kormas and calling them all manner of exotic sounding names.

I'm not really a Korma fan but I like to make them every now and again as I get asked for them by friends. It's also good to have a change from the usual dishes and I did enjoy this one.

Offline bobsbeer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Thanks for the recipe.  Used this with a CA base and it was very well recieved.  Very nice indeed.

©2024 Curry Recipes