Author Topic: CA's Chicken Jalfrezi  (Read 79855 times)

Offline PaulMcartney

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Jalfrezi
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29 AM »
Hi CoryAnder :D (got to love some of the names on here)

I made this yesterday along with your base.  I thought it best to use the same base and curry and you seem to be very popular.

The plus side:-  :D

I thought it tasted great, the other half really enjoyed it too.

The minus side:- :'(

A lot of hassle, a lot of mess! a lorra lorra panicking! "where's this, where's that" I cried out on more than one occasion! 

Overall thoughts:-

I have a lot of base curry in my fridge to use for other curries  :D.  Was it worth the hassle to do all this in one day ??? I am not so sure.
I enjoyed the experience so thankyou Coryander.  Your curry tasted really nice and I will try some others that you have posted. 
What would you recommend as your favourites?  I like spicy and often have Vindaloo and even sometimes sometimes a phall, but I don't mind at all the milder dishes, as long as the flavour is there which I am sure it will be.

Thanks,  Paul

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Sorry to disappoint you, Sir Paul, but Cory Ander no longer frequents this forum.  He has migrated elsewhere (in both senses of the word) and as it is considered "bad form" to post links to other competing fora, my suggestion would be for you to conduct a web search for "British Indian Restaurant Recipes (members only - please register to access)".  That should take you to the right place if you want to ask CA any specific questions, but many members here will have experimented with his dishes and will almost certainly be able to offer you help and advice.

Incidentally, although making a base is time-consuming, making the curry should not be.  I recently posted a message about using the Kris Dhillon methodology (which is very straightforward) and you may like to give that a try as well.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:41 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline PaulMcartney

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Well people come and go, C'est la vie.

I might try your curry tomorrow Phil, thanks for the suggestion.  Although I haven't got the time to get the specific brand of curry powder. 
If not tomorrow definitely Sunday (how long will the curry base last in the fridge?)
Tomorrow I am going to go and watch the mighty Ipswich play Leicester and sample a pie :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I might try your curry tomorrow Phil, thanks for the suggestion.  Although I haven't got the time to get the specific brand of curry powder.   

Not a problem.  It might be my preferred brand, but any authentic Indian blend should do (e.g., Rajah).

If not tomorrow definitely Sunday (how long will the curry base last in the fridge?)

Several days (I have been known to keep it for up to a fortnight, but I cannot really recommend that to others).  If you are short of 'fridge and freezer space, an alternative is to keep it at room temperature and bring it back to a gentle simmer once a day, just as our grandmothers did with their stock pots before the advent of domestic refrigeration.  If you do that, it is a good idea to carry out a depth measurement and top it up with boiling water at the end of the simmer so that it does not become more concentrated (and hence thicker) over time -- there is an optimum thickness for base, which is definitely on the thin side.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:36 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline ReZourceman

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2015, 06:32 PM »
I made this tonight. Thought it was beautiful. Tasted very delicate and very good indeed. Here's some pics.

Offline papa-rika

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2018, 04:30 PM »
Made this two days ago. Very nice, probably the best homemade curry I have made or even had. Maybe a touch too turmericcy (for want of a better word) for my liking. I'll probably dial back the level of turmeric in the spice mix for next time.

Tikka masala tonight with the leftover pilau :)

©2024 Curry Recipes