Author Topic: CA's Chicken Korma  (Read 76219 times)

Offline Tomdip

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Korma
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Hi Ramirez,

I followed the recipe - I did use reclaimed oil from the taz base the only difference was I had a mixed ginger/garlic puree and added sugar to taste - which for me was 2 tbsp rather than 3.

Offline outatime

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 02:06 AM »
Hi All

My first ever curry since using this website and it came out great, used the base/oil/korma combo and it worked out a treat, well done.

Stuart

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 02:31 AM »
Made this up tonight for dinner using left over Taz base - as per C.A's CTM which I had the other night, the results were excellent.  Not really a Korma fan but really enjoyed this one a definite 10 out of 10.

The girlfriend preferred it to mine too!

Glad to hear that you liked it TD...and thanks for posting a photo too....that colour and consistency looks spot on to me.... 8)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 02:32 AM »
My first ever curry since using this website and it came out great, used the base/oil/korma combo and it worked out a treat, well done.

You're welcome Stuart; glad it worked for you  8)

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:37 AM »
Made this last night, using Chewytikkas 3 hour curry base, and very good it was too!!
Many thanks for posing Cory!! ;D

Offline bmouthboyo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I want to start with, WOW!

I made this last night for myself and the GF along with a CA Madras. We don't usually order a Korma prefering Ceylon or Madras style curries but I was blown away with how this matched a Takeaway standard Korma.

I am not sure if it is because I have not had many Korma's in my life but it tasted exactly how I have had them at a restaurant, I was blown away.

The GF found it sweet but that's how I remember them. A perfect compliment to the Madras.

The small black bits in the Korma is the wok seasoning flaking off a little bit.

Thank you  ;D

CA Chicken Korma Curry - Takeaway Standard
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:22 AM by bmouthboyo »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Made this last night, using Chewytikkas 3 hour curry base, and very good it was too!!
Many thanks for posing Cory!! ;D

You're welcome MM.  Looking good 8)

Thanks for trying the recipe and for posting your results and pics   :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 03:39 AM »
Hi BMB,

Well done for making the (not inconsiderable) effort to try these recipes and to make videos of you cooking them and then posting them  8)

I'm surprised hardly anyone has yet commented on them!  :o  Far too preoccupied with "spam" and "pre-moderation" I suppose   ;)

All looks pretty good to me.  But you might try reducing the time, at each stage, so that your total cooking time is around 6 - 7 minutes. 

For example, I probably spend less than a minute to "stir fry" the uncooked chicken until it is just white on the outside.  But that's my fault because I do say "a couple of minutes" in my recipe!   :o

Likewise, I would probably simmer the final curry for considerably less than 5 minutes (not 10 minutes) in the final stage.

I would generally increase the heat to get the result I want in less time.

My "timings", in my recipes, appear to be overestimated!   ???

You might want to try using a more conventional (i.e. wrt BIRs) aluminium pan to avoid those black bits coming off your wok?

Regarding the sweetness, you might want to try using less sugar (or maybe adding a little yoghurt)?

I'd be interested to hear others' comments on your videos....

Great videos!  Thanks again for posting them!  8)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:41 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Not my cup of tea but still a popular dish for many.  Looks the business other than the unplanned additions :o.  To late to put a good curry pan on the xmas list this year :(.  Keep up the good work BMB

Offline Franco1972

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 08:20 PM »
I cooked this dish tonight. Must say my wife and myself thoughly enjoyed it. The base gravy was one of your recipes to.  Great work Cory Ander!  I will be trying more of your work. Well done and thanks for adding a well written recipe, it was so easy to follow.
Happy cooking
Franco

©2024 Curry Recipes