Author Topic: I could live on curry!  (Read 1483 times)

Offline ramarsden1967

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
I could live on curry!
« on: April 15, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Hi all, I'm Richard and I'm a curryholic.  I love curry but am rubbish at making them the way they do in Indian restaurants.  I've managed to find the odd decent recipe but have never really managed to make a great dhansak or many of the flavoursome delights that my local curry take way, Balti Night in Braintree, produced with such consistency and appeal.  I look forward to learning from you all and to making magic in my kitchen with your guidance.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: I could live on curry!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 02:56 PM »
Welcome, Richard.

There are some fantastic recipes/tips on this forum which I'm sure will have you recreating your local favourites in no time.

As you mentioned dhansak, you could do a lot worse than trying this one from SoberRat http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13673.0.html

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: I could live on curry!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Welcome Richard, Garp is right, everything you need to make curries to the standard of your takeaway is here. You'll need to work a bit in terms of investigating the site because there's no neat packed information in the way that you'll get in a book. However this site contains more information than in a book - it's almost an encyclopedia!

©2024 Curry Recipes