Author Topic: Chicken Dhansak with Taz Base  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Chicken Dhansak with Taz Base
« on: March 25, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Chicken Dhansak with Taz Base

Ingredients:

1 portion of precooked chicken

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Dhansak with Taz Base
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Not a curry i've personally eaten but have cooked a few for friends.  Looking at these results i'm very tempted to give it a go just for a change from phall and NIS.  Just one question SL.  Since i now have phobia about tomato paste dilution as my intructions were not clear in my last cut of the NIS, is that one tbs of pre diluted tom puree already diluted with 2 tbs of water, or 1 tbs plus 2 tbs of water to dilute.   As you know, the results will be considerably different  ::). Thanks for continuing to expand the recipes available for the Taz base and method.  Next base up will be Taz's when i have some room in the freezer ;D

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Thanks for continuing to expand the recipes available for the Taz base and method.  Next base up will be Taz's when i have some room in the freezer ;D

Me too!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35 AM »
That looks familar   ::) . Such extravagance with the zip lock bags SD :o. I just use small / medium food bags and tie a knot.  I don't cry then when i throw them away which i hate doing with the zip lock ones :'( .  I do like to recycle them and do my bit for the environment ::)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Hey Stephen,

Dhansak was the first curry that I ever ate and it was awesome.  My problem being that, I've never tasted anything that comes remotely close to that first one :(

Yours looks amazing but I would have to leave out pineapple chunks and opt for juice instead. 

Have you posted your recipe for the Dhal?

Ray :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Cheers Ray tbh I have two containers in the freezer with dhal in them and I have no idea what recipe I used. I know for sure it's not just boiled lentils though - there was fried onions, turmeric and some whole spies as well - I'm guessing it might have been CAs recipe or something close to that.

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 01:17 PM »
That looks familar   ::) . Such extravagance with the zip lock bags SD :o. I just use small / medium food bags and tie a knot.  I don't cry then when i throw them away which i hate doing with the zip lock ones :'( .  I do like to recycle them and do my bit for the environment ::)

Being a tight bastard I wash them thoroughly and reuse them, CH. But they're dead cheap if you get them from Wilkinson anyway....

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:38 AM »

Dhansak was the first curry that I ever ate and it was awesome.  My problem being that, I've never tasted anything that comes remotely close to that first one :(

Same here Ray, it was in the old Orient Express on Gt Ancoats Street, near the city centre. It was a long time ago, but it was absolutely gorgeous.

I used to cycle down there from Miles Platting on a Sunday night after the pubs (3 parts p*ssed) to get a takeaway Dhansak. Back in the days before home delivery. 

It really was THAT good, and well worth the effort. :D

©2024 Curry Recipes