Author Topic: Eastern Tandoori Chicken Patala  (Read 26616 times)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Tandoori Chicken Patala
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05 PM »
Nice photos and I like the look of this

Bob.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Cheers for the comments guys.  Apologies for the long wait.

Nice to see a true chill-head posting something different.

Easy Garp, or you'll have me posting my korma and CTM recipes next  ;D ;D

Are you sure about the three Tbsp of almonds? Seems like a lot for one portion :)

Mmm, given this one some thought.  I've amended the recipe to two rounded tbs of almond powder which seems about right.  At the time of cooking I was using a dessertspoon, as always and i had extra base on hand  to thin the dish down if needed.  You can use less of course with the option to add more a little later if desired.  The almond flavour is definitely in the background.  The trouble with almond powder being that it does thicken the texture of dishes somewhat.  And just for clarity I've added almond powder as an alternative for the pedants, as i believe it has a finer texture, but both tasting the same.

At the time I was trying to create the patala back in 2002 I'd never heard of Punjabi masala and didn't sample it until I used SL's recipe.  I think i've only ever cooked makhani chicken once too.  I guess the patala is a bit of a hybrid  :)  Not unlike many of the BIR dishes to be found I suppose  ::)  Let us know how you get on with it Garp if you decide to give it a go.

Tbf, it still has over a tablespon and a half of chilli powder ;) :o  :D

Funny that, I could have sworn I only wrote .5 tsp in the ingredients section of the recipe.  Yes I did  ;)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I'll give this a shot, Dave. Half-a-tsp of chilli powder is my good lady wife's limit, so this dish should go down well. If its a hit, I could even see myself replacing the ketchup and cream with Tamerina and Chewy's red sauce. And some extra chilli powder! :)

I like your thinking Keith.  And in the next breath you'll be telling me you've added some pre-fried sliced green peppers and onions.  And we know what the patala will be morphing into then   :o :o

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 11:13 AM »
I like your thinking Keith.  And in the next breath you'll be telling me you've added some pre-fried sliced green peppers and onions.  And we know what the patala will be morphing into then   :o :o

You've sussed me out and got me bang to rights, Gov! :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Looks good CH, not a crit, as your expert says Yes to your curry with its familiar ingredients.

But reading restaurant descriptions you wouldn

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 04:09 PM »
But reading restaurant descriptions you wouldn

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Can't resist, Dave. Going to give it a go tonight. Got all the ingredients apart from chicken lol.

So a Lamb version it is ????

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 05:09 PM »
 ;D and why not have  lamb, tikka'd or just plain pre-cooked.  Enjoy and let us know what you and the clan think, if you're sharing it, of course  :o

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 06:25 PM »
I have to say, Dave, that it's up to your usual standard. I wouldn't expect you to post a recipe without the necessary due diligence.

This doesn't disappoint (not me anyway). Very nicely flavoured and well balanced, with that wee half tsp of chilli enough to give a tingle. Rich, sumptuous, artery-clogging, but tasty. It could pass as a CTM with a little attitude.

Thanks for sharing it mate - here's my effort -

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 08:38 PM »
That's butter chicken or Murgh Makhani that is!

Certainly if I'd just looked at the recipe without reading the thread title that's what I would have declared anyway.

©2024 Curry Recipes