Author Topic: Chicken Madras in detail  (Read 20385 times)

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras in detail
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Phil I take it that the shaheed base is this one? Never thought about diluting it, might give it another go.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13258.msg109765.html#msg109765

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 11:15 AM »
Phil I take it that the shaheed base is this one? Never thought about diluting it, might give it another go.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13258.msg109765.html#msg109765
It's "Shaheen", not "Shaheed", Ed, but otherwise correct.  Not only diluted 1:1 but also liquidised for two minutes to get the authentic BIR smooth consistency.  This base is so convenient I can't see myself ever making a batch of base again unless I am planning to cook for more than four people -- you would need only two Shaheen pouches for four people after dilution.

** Phil.

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Thanks Phil going to give it another go taking your recommendations on board

:)

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Really nicely explained and clearly laid out.
Cheers SoberRat

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 09:15 PM »
P.S.  Initial impressions were correct.  An excellent curry, SR, confirmed by the fact that when I went back into the kitchen a couple of minutes ago in order to put cling film over the remaining curry, pickles, onion salad, etc., I dipped the remaining 1/4 chapati in the sauce and it was excellent.

** Phil.

Thanks for trying this Phil and also for the feedback on the curry and the recipe presentation. It certainly looks like a very nice curry you have made and I would quite happily dip a chapati or 3 into it. I left out the methi leaves mainly because of the dish I was trying to re-create from my local takeaway which had no methi in at all. I normally use methi in my hot curries especially my vindaloo recipe which I hope to post soon.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 09:28 PM »
Thanks for trying this Phil and also for the feedback on the curry and the recipe presentation. It certainly looks like a very nice curry you have made and I would quite happily dip a chapati or 3 into it. I left out the methi leaves mainly because of the dish I was trying to re-create from my local takeaway which had no methi in at all. I normally use methi in my hot curries especially my vindaloo recipe which I hope to post soon.
You are most welcome.  I look forward to trying your vindaloo recipe as and when available.  Does it feature potato, as used  in all the BIRs with which I am familiar ?

** Phil.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I don't use potato most of the time Phil but I have on occasions, it doesn't harm the recipe to add it anyway. I wouldn't say that my vindaloo is much like I get around here as they tend to be in the 'hotter madras' category, my one is quite rich and hot. Well, hot for me anyway.

Rob

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:04 PM by SoberRat »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Ah well, I shall try it regardless (but perhaps with the addition of a little potato to increase the chances of it meeting my expectations !).

** Phil.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 10:27 PM »
Really nicely explained and clearly laid out.
Cheers SoberRat

You're welcome Dajoca

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Well presented I've previously made this and yes it was good see my images in the other post of this curry

©2024 Curry Recipes