Author Topic: vegetable byriani demo (leave it to the professionals)  (Read 11749 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: vegetable byriani demo (leave it to the professionals)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Hi George,

I don't think it's as black and white as that, personaly I am very pleased with what I can make.  I think I can rival at least two of my local BIR's but theres one which I still think mines not a patch on but it's down to personal taste again. 

I agree with extrahotchillie 100% a lot of it comes down to the fact that you have just cooked it, I never eat a curry after making it anymore and I think thats a big part of it.  I bet if we all met up and bought a curry we had made we would think everyone elses was better than our own!  Within reason of course  8)

Offline cg13

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 02:26 PM »
WHAT CURRY GRAVY DO YOU USE

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 05:37 PM »
WHAT CURRY GRAVY DO YOU USE?
Hi CG
      I used to post under the "pete" name when the takeaway chefs didn't know my name.
I've always thought that they would be a bit miffed if they knew their recipes were on this site
So I've hid behind the Haldi name
Hopefully, I could still deny revealing any "secrets"

But back to your question

I reckon the "Saffron" recipe is the closest to what they use
It contains the same ingredients but with potato as well

Offline malacara

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I have made this recipe many times already and I am pleased with it, I spent years after the perfect biryani without any success before finding this forum and this recipe. Many many thanks for sharing this Haldi.

PD I use the "Saffron" base and goes perfect for it

Offline currytester

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Made this last night as I had some leftover Tandoori Chicken from a barbecue.

Made as per recipe except added some parboiled cauliflower florets to the vegetable curry - they were so nice next time I will make it a cauliflower curry. I also added the pre-cooked tandoori chicken to the mix before adding the rice to heat through.

Overall I would rate this as a 5* recipe.

By the way providing you have pre-cooked chicken or whatever to add to the rice this is no more difficult to make than most other curries on this site. Took me around an hour including all prep and removing the pre-cooked chicken from the bone.

CT

©2024 Curry Recipes