Author Topic: Not So New Newbie  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Alastair Sim

• Chef
    • View Profile
Not So New Newbie
« on: August 25, 2016, 01:06 PM »
Hi Curry Fans
I

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Not So New Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Hi Alastair,

I am a complete newbie, after just cooking 'curry' recipes id fine online but never getting that BIR taste.

The yorkshire pudding is a great idea!

I completely know what you mean by an information overload- the forum could maybe do well in grouping 'similar' recipes together in a easy to difficult scale maybe?

Hope to see some of your creations!

Jen

Hi Curry Fans
I

Offline Alastair Sim

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 10:59 PM »
Hi JennyLougo,
I am currently working my way through the Glasgow  curry book with some fantastic results, I wanted to try something different, and this is. I now think that we overdo the ground spices, the Glasgow method does not use mix powders, there is no coriander, cumin, curry, paprika powder anywhere near this style of cooking, it doesn't make sense but I have made some of the best curries ever and no worrying about burning the spices.
I make my curries Friday about 4:00pm and reheat in the microwave about later after a few early doors beers with my wife, I don't own a smart phone so taking photos is a bit of an effort, quite honestly I never think about it but perhaps I should.. once I have exhausted the curry list in this book I will perhaps take some on the second time around.
This Glasgow thing has really got to me at the moment, I have collated Panpots old posts with reference to his time in the Ashoka restaurant, and others posted by the author of the book so there is a lot to go at.
Take care
AS

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:05 PM »
That does sound interesting, I may give it a go once I get the hang of 'basic' curries :)

Jen

Hi JennyLougo,
I am currently working my way through the Glasgow  curry book with some fantastic results, I wanted to try something different, and this is. I now think that we overdo the ground spices, the Glasgow method does not use mix powders, there is no coriander, cumin, curry, paprika powder anywhere near this style of cooking, it doesn't make sense but I have made some of the best curries ever and no worrying about burning the spices.
I make my curries Friday about 4:00pm and reheat in the microwave about later after a few early doors beers with my wife, I don't own a smart phone so taking photos is a bit of an effort, quite honestly I never think about it but perhaps I should.. once I have exhausted the curry list in this book I will perhaps take some on the second time around.
This Glasgow thing has really got to me at the moment, I have collated Panpots old posts with reference to his time in the Ashoka restaurant, and others posted by the author of the book so there is a lot to go at.
Take care
AS

Offline Alastair Sim

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 04:54 AM »
Hi  Jenny,
It's a fun and interesting journey...you need a good rice and naan next. I find the pressure cooker method for rice easy and perfect, for naan I suggest you search for a chap who no longer posts here, his name is H4ppy Chris, or H4ppyleader  (or something similar) his naan works everything for me, and I have tried many, my kids think these naan are better than my TA.
AS

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 11:11 PM »
Thanks Alastair,

I actually have just made his Chicken Tikka Shahee that is on youtube, my other half doesn't eat carbs (unless 'cheating' with an actual takeaway) so may try and perfect a few curries first and do the extras as a side project just for my own learning.

Jenny

Hi  Jenny,
It's a fun and interesting journey...you need a good rice and naan next. I find the pressure cooker method for rice easy and perfect, for naan I suggest you search for a chap who no longer posts here, his name is H4ppy Chris, or H4ppyleader  (or something similar) his naan works everything for me, and I have tried many, my kids think these naan are better than my TA.
AS

©2024 Curry Recipes