Author Topic: Game Season - inspiration required  (Read 2125 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Game Season - inspiration required
« on: October 19, 2017, 02:59 AM »
Only two shoots into the season and already the fridge is filling with pheasants and I

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Game Season - inspiration required
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Not innovative at all, but how mine (found dead in the car park at Newquay Airport 11 days ago) was cooked :

Hung in the garage (by the legs) for 11 days, stuffed with three rashers of middle bacon, wrapped in a further three rashers, cooked in goose fat for 30 mins at 170oC (fan) in a cast-iron casserole with lid, basted, a further 12 minutes, basted again, bacon removed, a further 12 minutes, lid removed, a further 10 minutes at 200oC, rested for a few minutes and served. Accompanied by nothing more than pheasant gravy, bread sauce and McCann's Home Fries (and a left-over bottle of Shiraz-Cabernet). Food of the Gods !

** Phil.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:52 PM »
I saw this today in a Le Creuset book at their Braintree Freeport outlet. Sad thing is yesterday was our last shoot of the season except for the beaters day on Wednesday, and I gave my last two brace to a friend who serves them up in his restaurant.

https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/braised-pheasant-pappardelle-with-root-vegetables-thyme-white-wine

T63

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:18 PM »
https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/braised-pheasant-pappardelle-with-root-vegetables-thyme-white-wine
Well, I must be singularly dense today :  here are the first seven steps --
  • Brown the pheasant well in a pot with some oil.
  • Wash, peel and roughly cut the vegetables, then add to the pot and brown lightly.
  • Add the herbs and white wine and bring to the boil.
  • Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the alcohol has burnt off.
  • Pour in the cream, place the lid on and simmer again for an additional 45 minutes.
  • Remove the pheasant and vegetables, and strain off the liquid reserving for later.
  • Remove the meat from the bones of the pheasant and blend with the vegetables, in a blender, until it becomes a coarse pur

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 08:07 PM »
Personally, I would eat it as it is in the picture and not destroy it,

T63

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile