Author Topic: Dipuraja's Lamb Madras  (Read 27758 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Lamb Madras
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 10:14 PM »
CA I assume you're just typing what he says for ingredients and quantities. If so I suggest you watch what he adds, the quantities are way off what he actually says.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 10:20 PM »
All going according to plan then. Poor guy.   :-\
you know what I'll stick with it because pretty much what I KNOW and what I see are starting to align themselves. Also....

Still waiting on members videos? How do you cook? What is your style, do you skimp on stuff?
You can see what I did readily which was really good frankly except too much garlic.

PLUS:

Unless you've been under the heat of a video you'll never know just what it takes to create one, so just go try it.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54 PM »
CA I assume you're just typing what he says for ingredients and quantities. If so I suggest you watch what he adds, the quantities are way off what he actually says.

No, with weights andf volumes I went partly with what he said (when it seemed about right) and partly with what I thought was about right (when he didn't say or seemed wrong).

Please feel free to suggest amendments, it is hard to tell from a video and a "chef's spoon" and a "ladle" etc.

Regarding ingredients, when he said "lemon juice" I wrote "lemon juice".  Otherwise I really would be second guessing and maybe wrongly so.  And I might then be also wrongly tempted to say he added two ladles of ghee and not curry base.......  ;)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 12:39 AM »
Looks like his base has been posted here: http://www.youtube.com/user/dipuraja1#p/a/u/0/Ap4UvNoVsXY

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 08:25 AM »
artistpaul,

switch u're browser to firefox - miles better.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 08:36 AM »
And I think people are taking his demo too literally. I doubt very much that he cooks this way for real.

this what what i was getting at in terms of enthusiasm. i can see the chappy is stuck - he seems to want us all to improve our cooking but at the same time does not want to give the whole story away.

there is definitely much learning to be had. i think on the measurements it's what u see as the amount not what he says as he's unlikely to have used measuring spoons in the whole of his life. "intuition" and eyesight is all. i must admit i'm warming to it having seen this video. i find for example when making instant coffee i never use a spoon but rely on sight only (student days when spoons were a luxury).

there's not enough smoke in the place for me. i saw a "UB" pic on my travels of the extract attached to my garage - i'll try and take a photo. in the mean time if u look at the extract for any TA based on this video u'll question why they have them. the smell in the street gives an immediate answer.

ps the lemon juice is lemon dressing - the bottle is exactly the same as mine.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20 AM »
the lemon juice is lemon dressing - the bottle is exactly the same as mine.

You simply SHOULD NOT say it's DEFINITELY lemon dressing Jerry!  You're probably right, but HE said "lemon  juice" and it would be misleading to presume it's DEFINITELY something else, irrespective of the packaging....in  the same way as I could say it's DEFINITELY ghee because the container he's using is the same as mine!  It would be ERRONEOUS to do so!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Looks like his base has been posted

Thanks Josh, I have posted his curry base recipe here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4375.0

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Well for me this guy rocks. Each Chef is going to have his little additive to separate his from theirs as it were. If he told you his then someone would be bound to say that its nothing like their local right?

The more videos I see the clearer it becomes, I'm pretty certain newer members will be benefiting from this a whole lot which is nice for them too.

Now then I would like to know his take on the Vindaloo onion/hot sauce additive.  ;)
Please   ;D

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Has anyone tried these recipes/methods?

©2024 Curry Recipes