Author Topic: The weeks curry related cooking  (Read 916 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
The weeks curry related cooking
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:49 PM »
I have made a few dishes over the past week, including a Chicken Vindaloo, Chicken Korma, Pillau Rice, Bombay aloo, Chicken Tikka and Naan bread. The Naans were from frozen dough which seems to produce a slightly darker coloured naan but still very nice. I had no fresh coriander either so a couple of the dishes had a slightly different flavour but all went down very well. The chicken tikka had a lovely deep marinaded flavour considering I didn't really measure any of the ingredients out. As you can see I only had a sample amount of the Korma, my recipe is not as sweet as many recipes and although it's a nice version of a Korma it's still not really my kind of thing. Something I do like to add to my bombay aloo is some fennel seeds, Im sure it's something I've tasted in restaurant versions but I used king edward potatoes which I slightly over cooked so ended up with more of a bombay mash. I used some baking potatoes in previous dishes and they seem to hold their shape a bit better even if I do overcook them, something I often do :)

Chicken Vindaloo

Chicken Korma

Dinner

Chicken Tikka

Tikka, remaining curry and rice plus naan

All the best
Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes