Author Topic: May Day curry session  (Read 3398 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
May Day curry session
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:40 PM »
I made a few dishes yesterday with a new batch of base. I had some precooked chicken and chicken tikka to use and decided on the following dishes.

Some precooked ingredients

Chicken Tikka Dhansak

Chicken Vindaloo

CTM

Bombay Aloo

Chicken Tikka Curry

All the best

Rob

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: May Day curry session
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Lovely as always, Rob.

What's your preferred CTM recipe, as it's one that I haven't managed to master yet?

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Lovely as always, Rob.

What's your preferred CTM recipe, as it's one that I haven't managed to master yet?

Thanks Garp.
The one in the photo is very similar to Julian's (curry2go) recipe but I now use coconut milk powder instead of coconut powder, about half a tsp of G/G paste and evaporated milk. I also add about 1/4 tsp of salt and I don't follow his recipe for the massala sauce that goes in it. It's not a dish I eat to be honest but others seem to like it.

All the best

Rob 

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:08 PM »
It's rare that I comment on postings in "Pictures of your curries", but those really do look of restaurant quality to me.  Well done Rob.
* Phil.

Offline redman1212

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Hi Rob,
      looks fantastic as ever. You often turn out multiple dishes at the same time. I've often wondered how do you serve everything hot? Pre-make and warm in an oven, back in a pan for a few minutes, microwave? Just before serving I tend to be finalising starters, so for a big family meal a while ago I put the dishes in a low oven covered in foil, although that did dry them out a bit. So what's your approach?

RM

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Hi SR, whos Bombay Aloo recipe is it? Also is there tandoori and tikka in the pre cooked ingredients or just a colour difference?

Cheers

Ed

Offline Nickywelsh

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 11:28 PM »
This CTM looks mind blowing. I love the idea of the condensed milk, I can imagine how how luscious it would make the final dish. Any chance you can post the recipe? P.S. All these photos look incredible.

©2024 Curry Recipes